Splitter carb parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

60DRB

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK. The old Speeco splitter has a new issue. The seat under the carb float "needle" is all crumbled up/falling apart. My brain is about to melt trying to find what parts I need to fix the carb. There seem to be about 4 billion different carburetors for Tecumseh engines and I can't find what I need.
It is a 5hp Tecumseh engine. The carb has a vent hole type primer bulb. The bowl has the one piece brass bolt, not the multi piece adjustable type. Numbers on the carb body are 34 and 512.
I can't even find a replacement carb that looks the same.
Help?

A brand new carb for my husky 22 ton splitter with a B&S was only 30 bucks. Depending on the brand of motor your splitter has it might be cheaper to just put a new one on and be done with it.

I know- I see them from $12 to $40 new, but I can't identify which one it is, even with those #s...

But which carb fits? None I see for sale look like the one on my engine...

Carbs usually have models stamped on the side somewhere. Otherwise most small engine needle and seats are similar. If you have a good repair center close bring it in and see if they can match it.

You might think...
Following instructions, I can find no form of label or data identifying the engine model. I removed the covers and gas tank. Nothing. All I know is 5hp single cylinder, horozontal, made about 1999-2000. The Speeco splitters seam to be identical to the Huskee branded models if it helps.

The engine

Attachments

• AC6CEFF7-2829-4299-ABEF-DD6437F99F6A.jpeg
    AC6CEFF7-2829-4299-ABEF-DD6437F99F6A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 78F1DC5E-5AD9-4415-ABC9-481BB6CD9AFE.jpeg
    78F1DC5E-5AD9-4415-ABC9-481BB6CD9AFE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 8C699903-13D5-4BD2-8ABD-0B4D605B486E.jpeg
    8C699903-13D5-4BD2-8ABD-0B4D605B486E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Not a B&S. It's a Tecumseh "premier".
On further inspection with a magnifying glass in bright light I found another number on the carb. I, or 1, or T, then 550F6N. I still find nothing online...
Ugh.

You might think...
Following instructions, I can find no form of label or data identifying the engine model. I removed the covers and gas tank. Nothing. All I know is 5hp single cylinder, horozontal, made about 1999-2000. The Speeco splitters seam to be identical to the Huskee branded models if it helps.
It's verticle not horizontal.

Panolo,
It seems like most the carbs are sort of similar- at least the bowl,float, needle and lower stuff. I ordered the needle/seat parts from the one you linked. Thanks.

GVS,
I was thinking “vertical” was the piston travel direction. It’s the crankshaft orientation?

Panolo,
It seems like most the carbs are sort of similar- at least the bowl,float, needle and lower stuff. I ordered the needle/seat parts from the one you linked. Thanks.

GVS,
I was thinking “vertical” was the piston travel direction. It’s the crankshaft orientation?

Crankshaft orientation dictates weather a small engine is vertical or horizontal.

Parts installed, minor float adjustment...
SHAZAAM!
All working perfect again. Waiting for the parts, it got a good external cleaning, oil change and new fuel line with shut-off valve and fuel filter.

Thanks everyone.

Parts installed, minor float adjustment...
SHAZAAM!
All working perfect again. Waiting for the parts, it got a good external cleaning, oil change and new fuel line with shut-off valve and fuel filter.

Thanks everyone.
Good to hear. Vacation's over, time to get back to work.:chop:

Back