Splitter Pumps, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NELOG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone use pumps other than Barnes-Haldex two stage models on their log splitters? They seem to offer the best way to minimize horsepower, but I heard that they can't be rebuilt. My 16 GPM hasn't broken down yet, but does any one know if this is true?

Most processors use single stage, multi-seciton pumps, which I assume is for greater flow. Does anyone know where high flow valves an be purchased? I think Cylinder Services in Rochester has 45 GPM valves, but I haven't seen anything with larger than 3/4" ports that has a detent function.

Is it worth the added aggrevation of increasing speed, while spending more on components (I can't imagine how much 1-1/4", 3000 psi hose must cost) or is the 28 gpm Barnes pump really all that's needed on a splitter? Thanks a lot

My splitter has a 22 GPM with a 5" bore cylinder and in 17 years i have'nt found anything i can't split. All i split is hardwood. I can't imagine spending the money it would cost to overbuild. Just my 2 cents.

Back