ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  2. To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

SOLD!!!! Stihl 028 AV Super. Clean. Might trade for John Deere 70V. Please PM with correspondence.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by Den, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Den

Den ArboristSite Operative

Please PM me with any correspondence or offers. Also, allow me some time to respond because I'm not near the computer all the time.

I am selling this clean, one-owner, Stihl 028 AV Super for $245 + shipping, or might trade it for a John Deere 70V.

This Stihl is extremely clean, nice running, feels like great compression, piston looks like new, bar and chain are both very good. Includes owners manual in binder, as well as the multi-tool shown in picture.

This is how I acquired the saw:
    A fella called me up and said he was selling his 028 Stihl and that it would no longer start. I arrived at his house, pulled the starter cord, and the chain turned as I pulled the cord. I knew it was clutch related and promptly bought the saw.

Brought it home and found everything was fine except for the clutch bearing. The grease had turned to a hard black putty, and there was a slight amount of surface rust on the crankshaft and needle bearing surfaces.
    I went to the local Stihl dealer, bought a brand new clutch bearing. Cleaned the slight surface rust film off the crank with brass wool. Lubed and installed the bearing.

I fired it up and it starts and runs excellent. Nice saw.

Attached Files:

BGE541 and JohnnyBlade like this.
  2. Den

Some more.

Attached Files:

JohnnyBlade likes this.
  3. LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl Addicted to ArboristSite

Wow that’s all original? That’s a beautiful saw! Even got me thinking about letting go of my 70v but it’s not that pretty!

BGE541 likes this.
  4. Den

Well.... Lonestarstihl, go ahead and Private Message me and we'll discuss it. Like it says... Private message with all correspondence and offers.

5. Den

The Stihl is still available !!!

6. Den

I dropped the price to $245 + shipping. USA sales only.

7. chainsawchap

chainsawchap ArboristSite Operative

that is one sweet time capsle of a saw shes in great shape wow that is a smoking deal. I am looking for more or less a beat up parts saw. to build a mild hot saw your saw need to find a collector that's a great deal.

Den likes this.
  8. scottr

scottr Addicted to ArboristSite

Hey Den , check your private messages .

Den likes this.
  9. Den

Thank you Chainsawchap. I really wanted to keep this Stihl, but need the money to finance my recent Husqvarna fascination, as well as the Echo and John Deere saws I really enjoy.

Still available... or should I say "Stihl available" !!!

10. chainsawchap

chainsawchap ArboristSite Operative

I hear funding other projects that canbe tricky I have that same problem bud. I am trying to build a mild hot saw with a 028av super I need a parts saw your supper is in way to good shape for what im looking for unfortunly its a very well kept saw for sure.

hope you are having a great new year.

11. Den

Still available.

12. Den

Sold the Stihl to a local fella this morning. :)

undee70ss likes this.
  13. GPRJon

GPRJon ArboristSite Lurker

M
    I have a 70v if you’re interested.

Attached Files:

14. Den

PM sent GPRJon.
    Always best to honor the posters request, and PM me with correspondence offering: buying, selling, or trading.
    Thank you Sir.