• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 044 12mm with 20" Rollmatic ES and chain $350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnTheRoad

Collector of shiny things.
Reaction score
In my own bed every night. Kansas City Northland
Like the title says, I want to unload a 12mm 044. The saw is in perfect running order but the plastics are faded and the paint is scratched. I don't see any cracks in any of the plastic. Obviously it's dirty and it has what appear to be paint spatters all over. I haven't attempted to remove them.

I bought this thing thinking I had to have an 044 like everybody else. Now I have no idea why I thought that.

So the piston and cylinder look perfect, there are no scratches on the cylinder and the piston still has strong machining marks. It appears that the original owner kept up with the maintenance.

Compression is good and it started on the second pull cold. It runs as it should.

The saw is in Kansas City but I'll be headed to Fond Du Lac Wisconsin on Sunday and could take it with me if needed. Oherwise it's $350 plus shipping. If you're interested let me know before Sunday or it will be the end of May before I can ship it.
20150407_161718.jpg 20150407_161830.jpg 20150407_162950.jpg 20150407_161922.jpg

If that saw runs and works like it should it could pay for itself in a hurry . IMO the 044 is about as versatle as a chainsaw gets in this part of the country. My current runner is in similar condition and its worth more then that to me.
If that saw runs and works like it should it could pay for itself in a hurry . IMO the 044 is about as versatle as a chainsaw gets in this part of the country. My current runner is in similar condition and its worth more then that to me.
It does and it is. IMO the price is a gift. I have a bunch of junk hanging around me that I want to get rid of before I leave town. If you think this is a deal you should see the truck I'm giving away on cracklist.

The truck has generated a lot of interest and I have a feeling it will gone by the weekend. Just another impulse buy on my part.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4968241800.html

And I deleted the ad :laugh:. I piddled with the truck for a couple hours and everything is done except the headliner.

Pretty dumb to give up $2,500 because of a $100 headliner.

Saw is SPF.

Received saw on Saturday. Shipping was fast paid for it on Wednesday and received it Saturday.
Saw was as listed. Saw starts great and sounds strong. Was able to run about a half a tank of gas thru it
and it cuts real nice.
Thanks for the nice saw and fast shipping.
Ron

Back