• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 056, needs some work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought this 2ish years ago on ebay. Was supposed to just need a fuel line, which I replaced. It did run but the only oil I got ended up on the floor and I believe the kill switch would short out. I wrote down my evaluation and put it up to work on another day which hasn't yet come. Don't have that evaluation with me but I aim to update this with that info tonight.
$265 + shipping and it will be yours.

Attachments

• DSCN2775.JPG
    DSCN2775.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2776.JPG
    DSCN2776.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2777.JPG
    DSCN2777.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2778.JPG
    DSCN2778.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN2779.JPG
    DSCN2779.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2780.JPG
    DSCN2780.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2782.JPG
    DSCN2782.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2775.JPG
    DSCN2775.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 41
I bought this 2ish years ago on ebay. Was supposed to just need a fuel line, which I replaced. It did run but the only oil I got ended up on the floor and I believe the kill switch would short out. I wrote down my evaluation and put it up to work on another day which hasn't yet come. Don't have that evaluation with me but I aim to update this with that info tonight.
$265 + shipping and it will be yours.
Update:
It was 5/2013 I evaluated it, was not discharging oil, I put on a new fuel line, started and ran. Switch seemed to have a short when shutting off. Not sure of other issues. Compression felt fine, I drained it and ran it out of fuel. I am not certain if the handle bar is perfectly straight, I didn't notice it putting a bind on the saw, but thought it looked like it may have a bit of a bend. I have an nice looking 045 super with a bad top end I could compare the handle bars tomorrow. I have a well wrecked 045 super, cylinder fins are damage that I was going to combine for another project. Would sell that project for the same price.
Also have a rough 056 mag, pretty sure the top end was bad, but if that needs a handle bar I might have an extra. Got an box of misc 045 parts also. I don't think I have cylinders to spare, but I a believe this 056 has a good top end.

Back