Stihl 084 manual and oiler adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmacnutt

Reaction score
My 084 isn't spitting very much oil and my messing around with the oiler adjustment screw on the bottom didn't result in much difference. Looking for the manual and any trouble shooting tips to help my oiler function properly.

Hello I would like I copy of the 084 workshop manual please. It’s stripped down for new piston and seals, was covered in completely in bar oil when it came into my ownership, the lid didn’t seal on the tank and the aux oiler cable was snapped and the hole where it was plugged with a screw. So much oils all over the saw it’s impossible to see any leaks. When running she blows back fuel and is filthy rich so will get carb kit, piston and seals. Has unlimited coil, will try a gasket delete and then it will be time for it to go to work. It’s beaten up all the plastics are sad and the covers cracked so she will hopefully be a classic sleeper when finished. Need a manual so I don’t make a dumb mistake please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello I would like I copy of the 084 workshop manual please. It’s stripped down for new piston and seals, was covered in completely in bar oil when it came into my ownership, the lid didn’t seal on the tank and the aux oiler cable was snapped and the hole where it was plugged with a screw. So much oils all over the saw it’s impossible to see any leaks. When running she blows back fuel and is filthy rich so will get carb kit, piston and seals. Has unlimited coil, will try a gasket delete and then it will be time for it to go to work. It’s beaten up all the plastics are sad and the covers cracked so she will hopefully be a classic sleeper when finished. Need a manual so I don’t make a dumb mistake please!
Check your inbox

First thing to do is check/clean oil filter and pickup line in tank. Might be simple as clogged filter

Cleaned filter and checked hose they are both ok. Might be a leak on the outlet side of things but even that looks ok to me. The saw was so covered in oil everywhere has gummed up with saw dust and oil on the lower parts of the saw only clean parts are the jug and exhaust and they are kind of self cleaning....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
Could I also get a copy of the Stihl 084 manual. I am trying to troubleshoot why it runs poor and stalls at idle when its on its side during milling but idles well when it upright when cross cutting.
Thanks.

Ray,
I just picked up an 084 for hobby milling. Any chance you could share a copy of the manual with me?

Hello,
I have a Stihl 084 AV that has been standing for 10+ year. It was used for a logosol sawmill that I'm trying to get up and running. I wonder if anyone care to share users manual and a workshop manual, please?

Latest posts

Back