• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090G (On E-Bay $800 Starting Bid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who know, is this is the 106cc or the 137cc?

I don't think you can tell without measuring the bore.

I seen your listings on those facebook chainsaw sites. Don't let those morons stroke your ego over this thing. A lot of those guys get a woodie from picking up a Mini Mac or a Frontier saw along with the idiots telling you have to run 16-1 mix in the saw or you will burn it up..

I only even look over there from time to time for a laugh.

These fine gentlemen have hit the nail on the head for a tried & true identification. However, if you happen to be lucky enough to be looking at a clean saw you can tell with no more effort than a quick glance. The bore diameter is cast into the rear of the PTO side base flange of the cylinder.

Bare cylinder...
IMG_0798.jpg

Dirty saw...
IMG_0799.JPG

Clean saw...
IMG_0800.jpg

These fine gentlemen have hit the nail on the head for a tried & true identification. However, if you happen to be lucky enough to be looking at a clean saw you can tell with no more effort than a quick glance. The bore diameter is cast into the rear of the PTO side base flange of the cylinder.

Bare cylinder...
View attachment 621936

Dirty saw...
View attachment 621938

Clean saw...
View attachment 621939
I've posted pics of this before... The transfer ports on the 66mm 090 cylinder extend all the way to the edge of the cooling fins..... On the 58mm 070 cylinder the transfer are smaller and don't bulge out as much.
These differences can be seen without removing any parts from the saw.

View attachment 621960
I've posted pics of this before... The transfer ports on the 66mm 090 cylinder extend all the way to the edge of the cooling fins..... On the 58mm 070 cylinder the transfer are smaller and don't bulge out as much.
These differences can be seen without removing any parts from the saw.

View attachment 621960
thank you this thank you this is the information that I needed

Looks as though you've figured out the advice was spot on as you ended the auction early. Not sure if you read the fine print, but you're still going to get dinged with the eBay final value fee of 10%. So now you're paying 10% to get the same information that everyone already gave you for free. So, what's your next plan? I'd certainly like to follow along and watch the crash in slow motion...

Back