Stihl 261 c serial number look up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58bowhunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New to forum and would like some info please. Picked up a Stihl 261 to help out my Stihl 390 with firewood cutting and would like to know what year it was made or bought. Was able to trade some old saws I had laying around and some cash to get it. Looks like a great saw and about 5 pound lighter for the smaller stuff.

New to forum and would like some info please. Picked up a Stihl 261 to help out my Stihl 390 with firewood cutting and would like to know what year it was made or bought. Was able to trade some old saws I had laying around and some cash to get it. Looks like a great saw and about 5 pound lighter for the smaller stuff.
the number is 518135893

Welcome to AS 58. Where you at in central PA?

Steve, what was the chain bar setup you went with? I’m getting a 261 soon and I’m fairly determined to put 3/8” pitch .050 gauge chain on it. I know what it takes to do it and have a dealer that will build. They just credit the stock b/c and ring and put what I want on it for additional retail.

Steve, what was the chain bar setup you went with? I’m getting a 261 soon and I’m fairly determined to put 3/8” pitch .050 gauge chain on it. I know what it takes to do it and have a dealer that will build. They just credit the stock b/c and ring and put what I want on it for additional retail.
Running the 18"/.325 chain. That's what is on my 026's and I had plenty of chains and bars. Most of the threads I read here that seems to be the general consensus for the best setup.

Back