Stihl 362 vs Echo 620pw vs Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhark123

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello All,

My Stihl 390 has a badly scored piston/cylinder after only 5 years. So, after getting the repair quote, I'm looking for a new saw and wishing I had bought the 361 5 years ago.

I am carpenter/general contractor and I use my saw on the job as well as for building lot clearing and firewood cutting. I'd like to step into a pro grade saw. Echo intrigues me with there 5 year warranty, but it would feel odd to not have a stihl.

I'm also interested in a 261, but I want to be able to run a 24" bar for firewood cutting.

Thanks,

Jason

Love to have you get a Husky 562, but..................Guys who are comfortable with a brand should stick with it. The MS362 might fall a little short of the 562 in a direct comparison, but the 362 is a decent saw that will do whatever you need it to.

The Echo is no doubt a nice unit, but the length of the warranty doesn't actually make it a better saw. Longer warranties are just a marketing thing and really shouldn't be the dominant factor in a purchase decision IMO.

I would see it in this row Husqvarna 562 = Stihl 362 and Dolmar 6100 and Echo 600 line. If you want to save a little cash over the two major players I would seriously wait for the Dolmar 6100!

Good luck!

I would see it in this row Husqvarna 562 = Stihl 362 and Dolmar 6100 and Echo 600 line. If you want to save a little cash over the two major players I would seriously wait for the Dolmar 6100!

Good luck!

But as is often the case, "Any local Dolmar dealers?" is a question that has to be factored in when considering getting one.

Love to have you get a Husky 562, but..................Guys who are comfortable with a brand should stick with it. The MS362 might fall a little short of the 562 in a direct comparison, but the 362 is a decent saw that will do whatever you need it to.

The Echo is no doubt a nice unit, but the length of the warranty doesn't actually make it a better saw. Longer warranties are just a marketing thing and really shouldn't be the dominant factor in a purchase decision IMO.

I agree on the warranty thing.. As an Echo fan, I would've bought mine with or without the warranty.
I also agree with getting what you're comfortable with using in the past. You know how a Stihl generally feels/operates. But, that being said, if you can find a Huaky/Echo/Dolmar dealer that has a test saw you can actually run, you might like how they feel.

If you want an MS 362, you may want to wait `til the m-tronic releases. Should be real soon.

Back