Echo cs 2511tes vs Stihl ms150tc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mparko93

Reaction score
Hi there!

Current owner of a Stihl ms151tc, I've done a port job on the muffler and had some timing done to the saw and running it with 12" bar 1/4 pitch. I was impressed with the gains made from the modifications but after using it last weekend on a pretty solid mango height reduction I just was really impressed with the power. It still seems like it could do with more timing and some porting on the cylinder but I just still don't know if it's going to compare with what I have seen guys have been able to get out of the Echo cs2511 tes.

I'm in Australia so dealing with hardwoods pretty often, this saw in my kitty would be used for larger pruning jobs so I want something with some decent power when aloft.
So my question is, whose had any luck with the Echo and how have they weighed it up against the Stihl counterpart?
Is the Echo and good quality saw in the long run? Are they durable?
Ideally I'd want it to be running a 14" 1/4 pitch bar and chain set up and would probably so the same type of mods to the echo.
The fact that the echo is substantially lighter and seems to be far more powerful should I make the switch?
Or should I stay with my Stihl as I've always considered them to be a more durable saw and was why I made the initial purchase over the Echo.

Anyway, hope to get some feedback!
Thanks Legends!

Latest posts

Back