Stihl Ms 362 C-M weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kfd518

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well here are some pics of it. Dry, but do have the dual dogs w roller chain catcher on it.

PHO no clutch cover.
12 lb 3.2 ozimage.jpg

PHO with clutch cover, and dual dogs w roller catcher.
13 lb 3.2 ozimage.jpg
With 18" ES bar and full comp chain.
16 lb 6.4 ozimage.jpg

Hey it's what I have but have checked it against measured weights from wife's accurate to the gram digital scale with repeatable results. Take it for what it's worth. Got same results 3 times for each measurement.

I have the wrap version. Very nice saw and the MTronic (C model) along with the improved air cleaner took the362 to where it should have been in the first edition. Good pictures.

My 562xp is 12lbs 12.6oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't looked for scale pics on here I'm sure they are around, I am aware that even by advertised weight the 562xp is lighter than the 362C-M. You should be quite happy that the scales are proving the point you have made several times. I'm not going to argue about either saw though. No I have not tried a 562 if someone is willing to bring one by then ill be glad to try it.…

Not trying or gonna argue, MustangMike is hung up on the weight and believes they're very close in weight and this shows almost 1/2 lb difference but still has many variables. Weight really means nothing to me.

Not trying or gonna argue, MustangMike is hung up on the weight and believes they're very close in weight and this shows almost 1/2 lb difference. Weight really means nothing to me.

I can't see the dual dog setup and the few dribbles of oil in the tank weighing more than 2-3 ounces which still only brings it down to 13 lb 0-1oz. which is still heavier. That factory spike they put on this thing was junk! I don't get so see many husq. Around here mostly due to no dealer around, except lowes. It serves me well as long as I service it well, same as anything with moving parts.

Alrighty then, I guess I will just have to see if I can find a Texas Department of Agriculture certified scale to put this saw on… if I'm wrong and this scale is out then I'm wrong! Just trying to get some pics up of the thing on a scale to make some folks happy. My apologies for making an effort.

Edit: sorry for getting pissy guys read something wrong.

Alrighty then, I guess I will just have to see if I can find a Texas Department of Agriculture certified scale to put this saw on… if I'm wrong and this scale is out then I'm wrong! Just trying to get some pics up of the thing on a scale to make some folks happy. My apologies for making an effort.

Midol, anyone?

Not trying or gonna argue, MustangMike is hung up on the weight and believes they're very close in weight and this shows almost 1/2 lb difference but still has many variables. Weight really means nothing to me.

You are not comparing apples to apples. He has the duel dogs and a different chain catcher on it. What I have said is the best info I have seen is the 562 is 12.8, the 362 is 13 flat, which is not enough difference to notice. The advertised wt for the 562 is a little optimistic. That wt confirms the 562 at 12.8 and I have seen the 362 C-M on the scale at 13 (somewhere on this site).

... He has the duel dogs and a different chain catcher on it.........

DuAl dawgs and roller chain catcher add a few GRAMS, not Ozs. If you are not happy with the posted pics, you are one of few here that can actually weigh their own 362 c M, and post up your own pics.

I, for one, am very grateful to Kfd518 for going to the trouble to take the pics. For most folks, the few ounces don't make much difference, especially if they prefer some of the features the Stihl offers. I just really like to see honest weights put out there.

If only we had a scale shot of a 2260.

DuAl dawgs and roller chain catcher add a few GRAMS, not Ozs. If you are not happy with the posted pics, you are one of few here that can actually weigh their own 362 c M, and post up your own pics.

I, for one, am very grateful to Kfd518 for going to the trouble to take the pics. For most folks, the few ounces don't make much difference, especially if they prefer some of the features the Stihl offers. I just really like to see honest weights put out there.

If only we had a scale shot of a 2260.

First, I never said I did not appreciate him posting the pics, that was never my statement and he was totally honest about what the saw had.

Second, I can put a few pieces of paper in an envelope and need extra postage, metal adds weight a lot faster than paper. A few grams is only a few flakes of gunpowder. It is nothing.

I don't know how much extra those things weigh, and neither do you.

I did not weight my powerhead when it was dry, and I'm not going to try to make it dry now because I don't have a calibrated scale anyway.

First, I never said I did not appreciate him posting the pics, that was never my statement and he was totally honest about what the saw had.

Second, I can put a few pieces of paper in an envelope and need extra postage, metal adds weight a lot faster than paper. A few grams is only a few flakes of gunpowder. It is nothing.

I don't know how much extra those things weigh, and neither do you.

I did not weight my powerhead when it was dry, and I'm not going to try to make it dry now because I don't have a calibrated scale anyway.
Man, that's a little disappointing. Considering the fact that you are the unofficial AS 362cm cheerleader, I would think you would want to show your saw on a scale to give an honest comparison to the 562xp.

:popcorn:

;)

Man, that's a little disappointing. Considering the fact that you are the unofficial AS 362cm cheerleader, I would think you would want to show your saw on a scale to give an honest comparison to the 562xp.

:popcorn:

;)

If I don't have a 562 on the same scale, what is the point? Everyone will just say the scale is not accurate. I know when not to beat my head against the wall.

.....I did not weight my powerhead .... and I'm not going to try to .....

I knew I could rile you Mike, I was just hoping I'd rile you enough to get a dry, pho, with clutch cover scale shot out of you. Don't look like that'll happen. Oh well.

I already know that pretty reliable KWF testing shows a reg 362 @ 6.0kg, which is about what Kfd518 verifies. There may be a few grams one way or another between a 'c' or 'non-c'. Doesn't really matter.

Like I said earlier, The stihl has a few features that some prefer. It's a fine saw.

Don't let its weight make you angry at me. :)

Back