Stihl MS250 vs. Husqvarna 435 or 445

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm basically looking for something inexpensive and durable that can take an 18" bar.

My price limit is in the low $300s, but I would love to spend way less or get a decent used saw if it comes from a reputable seller.

Any advice?

You should seriously consider checking out your local Craigslist and Ebay. You can get a used "pro" saw that will kick the snot out of the saws you mention. Look for Stihl 026 or 028. Older? Yup, but definitely meets/exceeds what you are looking for. Don't settle!

Sorry for bumping a old thread but I was googling somethings and this popped up so I figured I would give it a read and I have seen alot of false information about husqavarna. First the 435 is a good saw and its a 50cc motor or the one I own is at least. Second yes its a smaller saw however I have been using one for land clearing for the last five years and I have not had any problems with it even with bigger trees. I have an 18 inch bar and chain and it gives no problems running it all day with little time between shut offs. As with all saws or other equipment or tools I recommend taking them at least once a year to a local servicer and having them due a tune up and check everything out. The biggest reason that most loggers use sthil saws is because husqvarna saws turn more rpms than a sthil which makes the sthil a safer option when your cutting trees because you dont want the saw going through the trees so fast that you don't notice its falling. It might sound like I'm biased well maybe a little but everything I have wrote is based on technical specs and data that can be easily found on the internet.

Sorry for bumping a old thread but I was googling somethings and this popped up so I figured I would give it a read and I have seen alot of false information about husqavarna. First the 435 is a good saw and its a 50cc motor or the one I own is at least. Second yes its a smaller saw however I have been using one for land clearing for the last five years and I have not had any problems with it even with bigger trees. I have an 18 inch bar and chain and it gives no problems running it all day with little time between shut offs. As with all saws or other equipment or tools I recommend taking them at least once a year to a local servicer and having them due a tune up and check everything out. The biggest reason that most loggers use sthil saws is because husqvarna saws turn more rpms than a sthil which makes the sthil a safer option when your cutting trees because you dont want the saw going through the trees so fast that you don't notice its falling. It might sound like I'm biased well maybe a little but everything I have wrote is based on technical specs and data that can be easily found on the internet.

:dizzy: this gets the captain misinformed award of the year.

Back