STIHL MS260 Metal Aftermarket Wrap Handlebar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I got a MS260. The only thing I dont like about it is the all plastic wrap handlebar. Anyone know of an all metal with rubber grip aftermarket one? I got the IPL for the saw and they list a metal one but it may have the electronic warmer in it and I really dont want that. Also I asked my dealer and they said it was $100. No thanks. I am thinking maybe $30-$40?

Thanks.

You can get a metal one off a 028 (Ebay) slot one of the bottom screw holes just a tad with a chainsaw file. I have done this twice on 026/MS260 works like a charm.

I can get some today. It is so close to fitting I forget which hole has to be opened up on the bottom of the saw but it isn't much.

cool, thanks!

Man I was wrong My 026s didn't have it. I had sold the one that had the 028 handle. The other one Steve on this site has it. I'll get him to post pics of his.

Wiggs Pics have been sent. :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey guys, quick question. I got a MS260. The only thing I dont like about it is the all plastic wrap handlebar. Anyone know of an all metal with rubber grip aftermarket one? I got the IPL for the saw and they list a metal one but it may have the electronic warmer in it and I really dont want that. Also I asked my dealer and they said it was $100. No thanks. I am thinking maybe $30-$40?

Thanks.

Howdy,
We have some just now coming out of production. It'll be about 8 weeks before we land our first batch in the warehouse. I Just received one sample last week, and if you want to try it out I'll send it to you at no charge. As far as I can tell, it looks just like the heated one you mentioned without the wiring. They will be selling for about $30.00 when we get them. Just let me know what you think after you try it. If you're interested, send me a PM with a ship to address.

Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
We have some just now coming out of production. It'll be about 8 weeks before we land our first batch in the warehouse. I Just received one sample last week, and if you want to try it out I'll send it to you at no charge. As far as I can tell, it looks just like the heated one you mentioned without the wiring. They will be selling for about $30.00 when we get them. Just let me know what you think after you try it. If you're interested, send me a PM with a ship to address.

Regards
Gregg

PM sent. Again thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it.:msp_thumbup:

Howdy,

Regards
Gregg

and this sir is why you will continue to get my business!!!

Howdy,

Regards
Gregg

I sent two pm's but in my sent messages tab it says this...

Sent Items contains 0 messages. You have 0 messages stored, of a total 70 allowed. (Empty Folder)

:confused:

Thanks.

I didn't like mine either so I removed it with my Avalanche tire. :biggrin:

You can get a metal one off a 028 (Ebay) slot one of the bottom screw holes just a tad with a chainsaw file. I have done this twice on 026/MS260 works like a charm.

Bump for sawnami PM sent.

Here you go.
View attachment 212043
attachment.php

View attachment 212044
attachment.php

View attachment 212050
attachment.php

The only thing I had to do was move one of the bottom holes over about the width of the original hole and tweek the angles of the handle slightly.

View attachment 212051
attachment.php

The side screws are actually longer in the plastic handle models than the metal handle saws. I doubt it will cause a problem, but you might want to go easy on the long screws when you run them through the metal handle and deeper into the tank.

Back