Stihl 028 estate sale find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you figured out the carb yet or not. If the jets aren't responding as you would expect, it is also possible that a previous owner over tightened them and ruined the aluminum seats or even break the jet inside the carb where you can't inspect it. This can cause fuel to get past the jets in funny ways and often makes the carb untuneable.

+10 on that... For the life of me, I never could understand why idiots crank down the jet screws and ruin the seats or snap the needles off. All one has to do is gently bottom the adjustment needles and no more as they engage a like tapered seat in the carb.

Kind of like people that set their chain loops fiddle string tight and then promptly wear out the guide bar or euchre the roller nose or both. No amount of bar oil will overcome stupidity...lol

you say:
I never could understand why idiots

Yes and they get to vote and we suffer the results.
Appears we as not being a idiot are not the majority now days. Really a shame that we in the USA have to suffer for their stupidity constantly.

Latest posts

Back