• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Alex D

Alex D

ArboristSite Operative
Very nice pics!! Im just wondering how bad are the critters?? Eg spiders, snakes etc... and other poisonous things that could fall on you??

Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Been at it again today,at 1 pm was 37.2 deg C not very nice for working.
Got there early and dropped that big pine i put pic up the other day,all went well it even when where i wonted it to.Used the ported 660 with a 36'' ES Light bar and a semi chisel skip chain.
This pic was early morning as you can see by the shadows.

NIP Group

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Oh no. The dreaded Casuarina undercut :D I've only seen, awe, maybe a few hundred of those!

Keep the updates coming mate, I've been slack on my thread and haven't been doing stuff all cutting.
You're right about the heat too. Has been strangely consistent temperatures across a wide part of Vic and SA. Even Mount Gambier, the coldest most miserable place in the state was the same temp as up here today.

It's interesting how the more cutting you do the more trees you find to cut :D

Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Been at again more pines this one was a double they were held together bay branches,the 441 MTronics getting a good work out,did about 10 big pines today in the morning.

[video=youtube;I5U0z7SUrzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5U0z7SUrzY[/video]

Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Check out this ugly looking stump,dont know what it was.

Got these and more to do on Friday,going to put one of those 100 ltr tank frames on the forks to trim from.

These Sugar gums will be felled,blocked and split on Saturday for firewood.

deye223

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
hey andrew can you show us a picture of the filter on the 441 after a days cutting without cleaning throughout the day