Stove thermometer that shows max temp reached

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I posted this thread in the wrong section of the forum. I’m looking for options or ideas on a thermometer that will show the maximum temperature reached during the burn cycle of one load.

I thought it would be interesting to know this since I as well as many others leave their house every day after loading the stove.

So I’m looking for a thermometer option for the stove top (i have double wall in the house) that will show the maximum temperature reached, and then it can obviously be reset for the next load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I’ve never seen a max temp stove thermometer but it isn’t a bad idea. In the days before digital thermometers a clock style max temp thermometer had a second dial on the rising side, not connected to the bimetallic spring that moved (was pushed)when the main dial moved. When the temp dropped the second dial stayed put indicating max temperature.

If something like this isn’t commercially available I can’t see that it would too difficult to add a second hand to an inexpensive magnetic stove thermometer.

Here’s an example:

http://ptc1-com.3dcartstores.com/Thermometer-314FMM

Interesting, I’ve never seen a max temp stove thermometer but it isn’t a bad idea. In the days before digital thermometers a clock style max temp thermometer had a second dial on the rising side, not connected to the bimetallic spring that moved (was pushed)when the main dial moved. When the temp dropped the second dial stayed put indicating max temperature.

If something like this isn’t commercially available I can’t see that it would too difficult to add a second hand to an inexpensive magnetic stove thermometer.

Here’s an example:

http://ptc1-com.3dcartstores.com/Thermometer-314FMM
quite proud of that, aint they????

quite proud of that, aint they????

Yes they are. An uncalibrated one is much cheaper. That was just the first one I found with the indicator. It has a max/min dial, not just max. I’m sure there are othe examples out there.

my brother makes a wifi thermometer that he uses for ice monitoring at the ice rink and curling club , you can check your phone and see the graph it is very cool I will ask him if he has a way to make one for hot.

Back