Super Split??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for those that used both the J model super split and the HD model super split, what are the differences? Can't imagine it running any faster (at least from the videos I've seen). Larger flywheels? Larger engine? Just curious, seriously starting to consider a splitter. My left elbow and the splitting maul aren't friends anymore.

I got the J model and it does all I need. The HD has heavier fly wheels (10-15lbs?), larger motor, 1" taller wedge and slightly different ram configuration. If I were doing it over, I'd probably get the HD, but there isn't a real good reason for me to do that.

As Sunfish said, heavier flywheels and ram/rack configuration are the main differences. I opted for the HD simply because I didn't want to kick myself later down the road because of not getting it and it wasn't that much more in the whole scheme of things.

The photo Hedge posted shows the log bucking trailer with 2 splitters in place. His son is the loader/unloader in the picture. The aluminum walk board has been replaced with 2 - 7' long storage boxes. This is where the saw operator(s) cut at. Literally no bending required.

Pile of Logs on Stand Makes Aroind  this Number of Rounds Underneath.jpg
Here is a different view before the center 2 supports were removed. A loader is used to place logs on top. Saw operator(s) stand on the uphill side of the expanded metal ramp to buck the logs into rounds. The tongue is removable so up to 3 splitters can be stationed around it comfortably. The idea is to limit the amount of bending / lifting required to cut & split rounds. The big rounds can just be rolled onto the log lifts without having to be picked up.

I plan to bring it to the Iowa GTG then leave it at Sam-tip's for use at the Waukee Charity Cut, May 17th.

More pictures of this event if you care to share.
This is very cool stuff...
instead of some threads that have turned to slamming others and having to be right, verses stating an opinion, respecting others, and keeping an open mind. More pictures please...
and thanks for the ones posted. Crane

More pictures of this event if you care to share.
This is very cool stuff...
instead of some threads that have turned to slamming others and having to be right, verses stating an opinion, respecting others, and keeping an open mind. More pictures please...
and thanks for the ones posted. Crane
This is the thread...
Follow this link.. the pics are smattered for a few pages...
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/oklahoma-ar-mo-ks-tx-gtg.158438/page-1237

ytepury9.jpg

y4uqejy8.jpg

udavana5.jpg

y5e4y7ag.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back