Super Split??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was two super splitts and a hydro splitter at a charity cut last weekend. We splitt an amazing amount to wood in one day. Estimated at 18 cord total cut and splitt. At full pace we did 2.5 cord in 30 to 40 minutes with all three running. It was nice to compare the J model to the HD model.

a9a7uqav.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

There was two super splitts and a hydro splitter at a charity cut last weekend. We splitt an amazing amount to wood in one day. Estimated at 18 cord total cut and splitt. At full pace we did 2.5 cord in 30 to 40 minutes with all three running. It was nice to compare the J model to the HD model.

a9a7uqav.jpg

Just takin it easy, waiting on the chainsaw guys to catch up. :D

Sam, that HD model is Nice!

a9a7uqav.jpg

Maybe Dieselman would participate at the next charity cut...
Who's sexy F-350 is that in the background???
;)

With the 2 super splitters & Hedge's hydraulic one, mine never saw action during the cut.

If Desielman & Sunfish can make the charity cuts at Mansfield, MO, I won't need to waste my time bringing a splitter, just the log bucking trailer. ;)

I was very impressed with the Super Splitters! :rock: I tried to talk Sam-tip out of his but he didn't bite. :D

With the 2 super splitters & Hedge's hydraulic one, mine never saw action during the cut.

If Desielman & Sunfish can make the charity cuts at Mansfield, MO, I won't need to waste my time bringing a splitter, just the log bucking trailer. ;)

I was very impressed with the Super Splitters! :rock: I tried to talk Sam-tip out of his but he didn't bite. :D
I wont be able to make the one in May, not sure if I even want to do one in the Summer, but will be available in the Fall.

Matt, that's a Fine looking truck!

Hey Folks I'm all in I will just need a few days Notice, anything to help out Fellow Arborist's, and the Needy I'm All in Just Let me Know and I will bring a guy with me to help.. 573-202-9999 call or text anytime... Yee Yee!!
Good on ya man! It is also a lot of fun workin with these guys!

With enough super split splitters the cutters will need to pick up the pace at the bucking trailer.

Cut more wood and less trailer metal. :)

It is a great time when you camp, cut wood, split wood and help others. I was in when I heard camping and cutting. Just wish I was closer.

Wish I would have taken a video of all the splitters going at full pace. The wood was flying into the trailer.

Desielman, May 3rd at Mansfield, MO. More details & update will be posted on the Oklahoma, AR, MO, ... thread. Workshop is the point of contact.

So for those that used both the J model super split and the HD model super split, what are the differences? Can't imagine it running any faster (at least from the videos I've seen). Larger flywheels? Larger engine? Just curious, seriously starting to consider a splitter. My left elbow and the splitting maul aren't friends anymore.

So for those that used both the J model super split and the HD model super split, what are the differences? Can't imagine it running any faster (at least from the videos I've seen). Larger flywheels? Larger engine? Just curious, seriously starting to consider a splitter. My left elbow and the splitting maul aren't friends anymore.
I got the J model and it does all I need. The HD has heavier fly wheels (10-15lbs?), larger motor, 1" taller wedge and slightly different ram configuration. If I were doing it over, I'd probably get the HD, but there isn't a real good reason for me to do that.

Latest posts

Back