Super Split??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselman24

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If anyone knows or has a used one for sale I'm in, I'm thinking I just may have to buy a new I've looked all over the (inerweb)to find a used one to no avail, that's crazy there is none out there for sale come on, some people do need to retire!! Please call or text 573-202-9999 Thanks. I will pay shipping.

I found my SS used this summer for 450$ delivered , it's an older model J , 3 1/2 hp Briggs , paint still glossy :)
It took 5 years of patience watching local ads , over that length of time I've seen 2 Grippo's (copies of SS) and mine , I wasn't able to buy the copies but I tried , I didn't hesitate when the SS ad popped up .

I have a speeco speed pro right now that I've had now for 3 years now and it finally broke on me this past Sunday. The rack stripped out.. I bought it brand new for $800 and have split about 90-110 cord of wood with it.. I would like to find parts to fix it and still have a SS just as insurance. I'd happily give $1000-$1200 for a good used SS that still looks nice.. Thanks for the input..

As far as used ones go, like others said few and far between. You may have to buy new or wait a long time. I bought one last year and am still amazed at how fast I can produce wood now. If only the splits stacked themselves!!

I just searched CL. There is a used one in southern N.H for $2500. I think paid a little more than that for a brand new unit.

I found the one in New Hampshire it's electric, I guess I'm gonna just order a new one in the morn.. I only do about 50-75 cord a year so it should last for years according to Paul he has guys that have done thousands of cords for commercial use...

Only 50-75? That is way more than I do and I bought one last year. You will be pleasantly surprised how fast it is. I still use my hydraulic once in a while to break up big or nasty pieces and wonder why I didn't buy a SS years ago.

I found the one in New Hampshire it's electric, I guess I'm gonna just order a new one in the morn.. I only do about 50-75 cord a year so it should last for years according to Paul he has guys that have done thousands of cords for commercial use...
Electric is fine, if you use it close to a power supply. Or it's easy to pop a 3-4hp gas motor on it.

But you can't go wrong buying new from Paul!!!

Yee Yee!! I pulled the trigger yesterday and I ordered a Brand New Super Split form Paul, I hope I get it by the weekend and I also got the heavy duty version of it... Like a kid getting a new toy!! Thanks for all of the input..

Yee Yee!! I pulled the trigger yesterday and I ordered a Brand New Super Split form Paul, I hope I get it by the weekend and I also got the heavy duty version of it... Like a kid getting a new toy!! Thanks for all of the input..
That's very cool! If you get it this week, you will get it much quicker than I got mine...

On its way shipped out Yesterday just tracked it, its in Indianapolis tonight scheduled delivery is Friday the 30th!! Yee Yee!!
Don we are Almost Neighbors!!

You will like it. Just leave the handle bolt on top loose. I learned the hard way. Had to hold handle for it to stay engaged. It's in the manual but hard to find.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back