Tall leaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used that method my self many times. On some removals like white firs that may have a lot of smaller branches that need to be tossed, I'll hang a rope with a clip on each end and clip it to my belt. If the branch is a little bigger then I want hanging off my belt, I'll clip it to a branch or trunk and catch it.
A clip on each end makes it fast and easy to put on and take off branches.

[QUOTE="Climb to a good spot to set your line clear stuff below and bomb down the top. Stay on the leaning side and block it down.....if you have obstacles below you, rig your cut pieces." [/QUOTE]

Excepting for hurricane cleanups & termite/rot damage; you are generally safe once you have removed either ;
²/7ths off the top, or
your own weight plus what you're lugging up the tree.

Remember we are looking at moments iow. M=mv² + mv² . . . so don't move around too much & the further you are away from the fulcrum - the greater your moment (or that of the wind).

Photo courtesy of the "the Weakened Woodsman" on YouTube.
ps.Better to carry the weight of the fuel in the tank, than to get stuck without enough fuel to finish the cut.
IMG_20190906_192731_063.JPG[/QUOTE]

Back