the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate you need to see a physio with a swing like that :) LOL

44 C now.............yay !

Sorry to hear of your chicken too, 6 yrs is pretty good, sounds like she had a pretty good life on your property.
for a simple creature with the brain barely the size of a pea, they have quite a personality, ours were good layers too.

Mate you need to see a physio with a swing like that :) LOL

44 C now.............yay !

Sorry to hear of your chicken too, 6 yrs is pretty good, sounds like she had a pretty good life on your property.
for a simple creature with the brain barely the size of a pea, they have quite a personality, ours were good layers too.

yeah my sad swing is looking pretty bad ,,, im getting old and stiff :)

yeah my sad swing is looking pretty bad ,,, im getting old and stiff :)
All good, at least you can still swing a club.

well its windy now, and strong wind, over 40 by 1000, big gusts, only a small amount of raised dust, fire started at cudlee creek, thats going to be a doozy if not sorted soon.
Usual bits of tree down here and there, but nearby nothing big yet.

big thunderstorms heading across from Pt Augusta, yet to see what dry lightning starts.
cotton clothing for kids sorted, fire gear for me sorted, hope its just a boring day, and all prep is for nothing, cant begin to imagine whats going to happen in nsw when this makes it over there.

damn, the cudlee creek fire is going to be big, thats very hilly, dense scrub and trees.

All good, at least you can still swing a club.

well its windy now, and strong wind, over 40 by 1000, big gusts, only a small amount of raised dust, fire started at cudlee creek, thats going to be a doozy if not sorted soon.
Usual bits of tree down here and there, but nearby nothing big yet.

big thunderstorms heading across from Pt Augusta, yet to see what dry lightning starts.
cotton clothing for kids sorted, fire gear for me sorted, hope its just a boring day, and all prep is for nothing, cant begin to imagine whats going to happen in nsw when this makes it over there.

damn, the cudlee creek fire is going to be big, thats very hilly, dense scrub and trees.

i see storms or rain on radar drifting in your way hopefully you'll get wet and not just lighting strikes

been hot here with a few suburban fires starts from bbq gas bottles blowing or clandestine drug labs going phtt

Just came inside, was watching the approaching lightning on the tracker, it went deathly still for 30 or so min, then the winds started up very strong, almost blew me over, we were outside then watching the cloud formations and watching for smoke and lightning strikes.
heavy initial shower, winds abated, now were hoping that some more rain will come, as it will dry off pretty quick, washed the dirt off the roof, girls went outside and danced in the rain, then got told to come inside, I would have let them run around a bit more, dropped from low 43s to 33 in 20 or so min, the cudlee creek fire was really bad, and its not over yet, hope they get some of this rain, but the winds wont do them any good at all.

you lot stay safe over there, the winds heading your way are going to be brutal.

Just came inside, was watching the approaching lightning on the tracker, it went deathly still for 30 or so min, then the winds started up very strong, almost blew me over, we were outside then watching the cloud formations and watching for smoke and lightning strikes.
heavy initial shower, winds abated, now were hoping that some more rain will come, as it will dry off pretty quick, washed the dirt off the roof, girls went outside and danced in the rain, then got told to come inside, I would have let them run around a bit more, dropped from low 43s to 33 in 20 or so min, the cudlee creek fire was really bad, and its not over yet, hope they get some of this rain, but the winds wont do them any good at all.

you lot stay safe over there, the winds heading your way are going to be brutal.

well it washed off the dust but you need much more rain,,,, yeah thanks we all ready over here im just back from a local suburban fire that in old factory bush acreage.. CFA crew wanted my assessment of a few burnt or burning trees,, Um well maybe put that burning one out and dont stand here for any longer than need was all i could say,,, poor chaps been working in 40 plus all avo

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-20/hot-weather-victoria-heatwave-bushfire-smoke/11816230

well it washed off the dust but you need much more rain,,,, yeah thanks we all ready over here im just back from a local suburban fire that in old factory bush acreage.. CFA crew wanted my assessment of a few burnt or burning trees,, Um well maybe put that burning one out and dont stand here for any longer than need was all i could say,,, poor chaps been working in 40 plus all avo

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-20/hot-weather-victoria-heatwave-bushfire-smoke/11816230

Yeah dont want to be around a burning tree, I spend a bit of time helping clear out some fence lines after the pinery fire a few years ago, it was like a moon scape, no birds, no snakes, not even ants, everything was gone, cut down many hollowed out trees that day, could have done the entire day with a little 180 and 12" bar, de assed the area rapidly a few times, also taken down burning trees, not fun hell on chains, unpredictable, even with a manito pushing in the desired direction and embers raining down on you. usually just push them over, or if really big, cut and push, no point having a large tree burning like a chimney for days and weeks, get a whirl wind pass over it, and draw out the embers, and your dealing with another outbreak, not to mention the constant falling bits, some small, some not so small.

Yep, the CFS and volunteers are ledgends, were just hacks and wannabes in utes with tanks and pumps :)

I know the fires in nsw are bad, and many homes and lives have been lost, sad to say that the fires in sa have been really bad too, many homes lost, over 70 just in the cuddlee creek fire, and that fire will cause many more outbreaks over this summer as there is a large amount of large trees in the fire zone, and we all know what that means.
Damn.
Have friends that their families have been affected being right in the middle of it, sheds lost, tractors lost, other equipment, some saved their homes, still waiting to hear how we can help and if so what were going to do, and its a few more days of 40 coming up again.

hope your safe over to the east chaps.

the quiet MSA stihl battery helped today when a limb with Bee hive fell needed trim it up,,we hooked winch and dragged log away so we could sort without upsetting Bees,, they only got upset when i tried to cover hive hollow exit..

The bee suits good too,, but it makes my bum look big..

80368529_2296810630418528_2037654247545241600_o.jpg 80189187_2296810687085189_3363971239818297344_o.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20191224_065816.jpg

how they coping in the heat today ?
only 41.5 yesterday

its not that hot my place here, Bom say Melb top 32 around my place thats typically home 28c will get light sea bresse avo ,, i just come in from bush cutting yard, tending to bees after being up on shed roof working out how to wire up my roofs second hand PV panels..

I would not cope with your heat i'd be in tears,, i often think about going to Tassy in summer and feel bad any who live north of the divide..

The chicks biggest enemy is a thing called black head a disease they get it about 12 weeks kills 3 out of 5 just will go listless stop eating and die with no remedy known

thumbnail_IMG_20191227_192355.jpg

Hope they make it thru, watched on the weather that your headed for some heat in the next few days, was quite windy in the early part of the morning, then sunrise the cloud was quite heavy a few token spots of rain.
cloud moved to the east at 1000, so now were clear skies and the temp is heading up quickly again.
cool change coming in a few days, might take the opportunity to head down the well and dig out the silt, our water table has dropped significantly, some one nearby is drawing it down so its below our pickup.
hope that there is at least a foot or more gained in the process, will scoop up the frogs and tadpoles and put in bucket, then drain with pet pump, drop ladder and see how we go.
sounds easy until you have to move pump and press tank, well cover etc, its all in the details,will rig up a line over the top and use the girls cheap harnesses, dont want my tree one getting covered in mud and silt, will have a strong mate up top to draw out the buckets, and me if need arises. Which hopefuly wont.
Then wait for water to redraw and settle, extend well pickup and hope for the best.

yeah a bit of heat maybe Monday but only one day so i can cope..

i had planned to go Warrnambool competition shoot then Sailing but now im caring for MIL Granny while dear wife get a few hours off so im just pottering about house and yard fixing stuff that i avoided past year.. i did mates tree job small climb and fell yesterday MSA 200 battery saws just amazing.. Cleaned my shed took (it a full day) emptied all shelves draws restacked chucked any crap if i not not touched it in 2 years.. We got 3 new chickens from neighbor for nothing yesterday they are so kool and happy settling in easy

I'm sure you'll take care down that Well & considered all hazards like stale air or joe blakes snakes taking summer heat refuge

Yeah, have air comp ready to purge, its only 5m in depth, brick lined, about 1m dia.
Will drop candle down on rope, and watch.
Its full of frogs down there, can see snakes if they are there, they cant get out at this depth and easily seen, none in there when checked this morning, have fished out 4-5ft browns from it before too, but water level was higher.

more worried about someone dislodging a brick when moving buckets of silt, will use the stihl brain bucket and a trusted friend :) .

Not done much outside, just too hot, raked around the wood pile this morning when it was overcast.
Hows Gran doing, is she on the improve, and settling in to the new situation ?

snakewell.jpg

what a day.
in short, my computer died, I got my camera wet, ie gave it a complete bath whilst in the well, can barely move, toilet cistern got blocked, but the well is now cleaned out of at least 6-700mm of silt, found all sorts down there.
so I wont be around much till my computer is working again, it just posts 6 beeps when you try and turn it on, and thats it.

Ahh happy new year you lot.

Hnye to you and all on dribble thoughts for the for impacted been a bad day, week or 4+ weeks for all

my days gone ok a water main blew out under footpath and a tree but we ( water co) and i worked around and saved tree the main pipes flange was joined held by gal bolts that had corroded and it came apart under tree & yesterday a recycled water hydrant ball valve jammed and i had to work out how to unjam it without creating a flood a good job for 40c day

what a day.
in short, my computer died, I got my camera wet, ie gave it a complete bath whilst in the well, can barely move, toilet cistern got blocked, but the well is now cleaned out of at least 6-700mm of silt, found all sorts down there.
so I wont be around much till my computer is working again, it just posts 6 beeps when you try and turn it on, and thats it.

Ahh happy new year you lot.
Probably won't get this before computer sorted but unplug keyboard and try starting. if no go, then also unplug any memory cards , usb devices, etc, one at a time, rinse and repeat. Failing that, motherboard might be stuffed.

Latest posts

Back