the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, hows all our Vic friends doing, how has the shut down hit you guys ?
Hey Derwoodii, you calling your dogs Coco and Vido ?

Missed out on the snow falls, but it was only 4 deg yesterday, today is a balmy 6-7, tho hovering around 5 for most of the day.
Misty rain, reminds me of the time I had in the south east of SA down Mt Gambier way, but nothing of any real use to give us any soil moisture, and nothing so far to replenish the aquifers.

Helped an older mate cut up some fallen trees, and removed a few hung up widow makers too, but broke my cheapie fiberglass handle splitter whilst splitting some of the 30" rounds so we could get them on the ute or tractor carry all.
cleaned it up, and got some araldite the slow curing, apparently best stuff, and re glued the head.
Let it cure for a week or so, and its working fine so far.
splitter1.jpgsplitter2.jpg

edited to add.
left some over run of the epoxy at the top so I could use it to check how the cure was going.

Been doing a bit of work with epoxy lately. First there was this:
awaitingFinalCoat.jpg

And the last nearly two weeks epoxied some plywood scaffold planks together to make stringers:
stringers.jpg

and used the same plywood for the treads (burned them with propane torch) but rebated some strips into them and filled them with epoxy with some glow in the dark powder in it:
treadsFirstCoat.jpg

Still got a few more days to finish them off but coming up OK. That powder makes them light up like a xmas tree at night. The burning was an experiment and it helped burn off the many potential splinters in the plywood (being an industrial grade and peeled 4mm thick plys of pine it wants to splinter real bad), and the epoxy coatings will hopefully seal all the cracks and hold the remaining splinters in place. First coat looks fugly in this pic - it sucked most of it up, thankfully. I figure the more is sucks up, the less prone to wear and splinters it'll be in use.

Can't say I like using epoxy. At least not here where it's either too cold or too humid.

we're all good just flunken bored and at least 5 weeks to go..

I had trouble with my dam mildly leaking past 7 plus years, i patched it with bentonite clay but this year it became beyond patchin so pumped it out let it dry to discover dozens of deep yabbie holes hidden up under grassy weed & top edge.
I burned to clear and plugged the holes with paddock clay and now its started to rain I'll wait see if works..

thumbnail_IMG_20200731_165946_1.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200731_165851_1.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200731_165839_1.jpg

I’m quite lucky with the iso lockdown rules. I work in agriculture and have had to work through the whole time when other poor people have been either put off from work or working from home. My heart breaks for poor business owners who are struggling to keep their businesses open and for all of the casual hospitality staff who are out of work and struggling. I cannot thank the medical staff enough and emergency service workers who are in close contact with Covid effected people. They do an amazing job and don’t receive the recognition that they deserve. Hopefully after some determination and struggle through this then we can come out the other side stronger for it. Stay safe people.

You will have to catch and eat all the yabbies

yeah the thought did cross my mind,,, i left it to dry for 2 weeks and found no activity,, I actually suspect these were old holes and the large yabbie population that did damage has long been chewed to a manageable handful by dam ducks and eels.

The full plan is to renovate yabbie chewed wall by excavating 100m3 from other side to create a billabong pool and use removed clay to reinforce the leaking wall this is planned January 21

hey bloke nice to hear from you & yeah we stuffed the pooch down here..

Its was unpleasant nuff sawin or humpin logs and limbs into a chipper with helmet muffs glasses now add a mask.
Then every fwitt in the street with his/her camera and shite attitude is ready to have a go.. You stop for smoko or feed they stare yell wheres ya mask . Look understandable the lost jobs lockdown public got the ***** but paying out on blokes with sweat on is pretty low.

117303287_10224036417482850_157139329264724334_n.jpg

busted me Isuzu Dmax ute today,, :( got in turned key put into gear a mild bang! & motor stopped ?? I started it to hear a new noise?? Seems i by passed the idiot proof box selector mechanism and timed the combination key turn motor vs gear select clock work perfect to do the impossible and bust a bit off,,,, be 5 weeks as no warranty work ATM

The sheila at the local IGA would not pack my shopping saying that I had handled my bags even though I had handled every piece of shopping in my trolley. I must say I have mellowed in my later years.

yeah everyone a bit edgy sensitive ATM,, a goodly sense of giggles or meh careless goes a long way.. If the other states mobs can send us some care packs or sacrifice some useless pricks to appease any deity could only but help,, im looking forward to vacuuming reading travel brochures and knitting this weekend ffs

what do you need mate, wife has sent several packet of masks she has sewn up to rellies over your way, but I guess like over there, elastic has dissappeared and become unobtanium too.

Haha, what sized knitting needles do you prefer ?

I need some advice, the neighbour 4 doors down pushed over a heap of Peppermint gum trees to clear his block so I cut up all the wood for firewood but where left with the root balls some as big as half a car. What are the ways to get rid of them? They have been out of the ground for a month and are covered in a sandy loam soil as we are only a few hundred metres form the beach.
They sandy soil has been horrible to my bar and chain so far so I don't want to cut anymore.

I need some advice, the neighbour 4 doors down pushed over a heap of Peppermint gum trees to clear his block so I cut up all the wood for firewood but where left with the root balls some as big as half a car. What are the ways to get rid of them? They have been out of the ground for a month and are covered in a sandy loam soil as we are only a few hundred metres form the beach.
They sandy soil has been horrible to my bar and chain so far so I don't want to cut anymore.

pictures would help but at a guess I'd burn them in place pile up loose debris get it smoldering,, best check your local gov fire rules

to grind / crane them out or beak them up with tungsten saw be hard yakka and $$ costly

what do you need mate, wife has sent several packet of masks she has sewn up to rellies over your way, but I guess like over there, elastic has dissappeared and become unobtanium too.

Haha, what sized knitting needles do you prefer ?

thanks im just getting by with these friggen masks with cowboy bandanas or wifes silk undies on weekends

busted me Isuzu Dmax ute today,, :( got in turned key put into gear a mild bang! & motor stopped ?? I started it to hear a new noise?? Seems i by passed the idiot proof box selector mechanism and timed the combination key turn motor vs gear select clock work perfect to do the impossible and bust a bit off,,,, be 5 weeks as no warranty work ATM

Why have they said no warranty work? We’re an Isuzu dealer too and I’d call bs

Back