the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a bloke thats got one of those pieces of crap he reckons its the biggest regret of his life the car lives at the dealers more than on the road plaged with engine issues
I really think it's a lottery with them.
A good friend has one of the station wagon versions for two years now and its been dead reliable towing horses and motorbikes.
I'm really surprised, but for what she paid for it I would've bought something else.

Having said that, she moved from a Playdo, so she probably would paid double for a new Toyota.

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

I really think it's a lottery with them.
A good friend has one of the station wagon versions for two years now and its been dead reliable towing horses and motorbikes.
I'm really surprised, but for what she paid for it I would've bought something else.

Having said that, she moved from a Playdo, so she probably would paid double for a new Toyota.

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

They must be light horses rick I wouldn't tow a billy cart with one

I had a drive of a v8 discovery once, wow it had some road noise and wandered all over the road. Does the Great Wall have much road noise Matty 2.

LR Discos are known for road noise. If you have a Rangie or a Disco with the wrong tires and/or shocks, they steer weird because they are top heavy and bobble all over the place. I have had to jump on the back end of a Disco more than once to keep them from rolling forward on steep obstacles. Off roading guys tend to put racks on the roof of them which adds to the problems of being top heavy. One guy had a wife that insisted on having a hot shower off roading the Niagra Rim trail north of Yosemite. So he had this 50 gallon black water bladder on a roof rack on his Disco. That was a blob of mass rolling around up there that made off road handling nearly impossible. 50 x 7 is 350 pounds of moving weight! Needless to day he had problems where no one else did, and he would up leaning the Disco on its side.

I put 5 Bilstein shocks on my Rangie first thing (there is a 5th shock for the steering damper that is critical) and that took care of the bobble and loose road handling. I also put Michelin A/T tires on it and that really improved the off-road and snow traction w/o compromising on road handling. They do not make that type of aggressive A/T tire any more though. Too bad. I wanted them for my Toyota Tundra. I run it with the Michelin M/S type II tires which do OK in snow and mud. The Tundra TRD came with stock Bilstiens shocks.

That's gold windthrown I have been following your thread on the 661 I reckon if I could have jumped through the screen and chocked him I would have I thought if I asked anyone here I would get a normal response thanks for your informative update I trust you rather than the other wombat:D

Yah, he and that other Canuk that insists that 026 saws were not available here until '93... they started building them here in '93, but imported them from West Germany starting in '89. But no! Canadians are "experts" on everything in the EU and US it seems. Some of the mod gods here insist that the 461 and the 661 are not any form of strato scavenged saws either, regardless of what the Stihl engineers and tech bulletins say. I gave up arguing with them and added them all to my iggy list with Chicom McBoob. What they say is irrelevant. This site has eroded with all the noob experts and 'builders'. Used to be a lot more pro arborists, fallers and mechanics here. No longer.

As for what is changing on the 661, Stihl has been super tight lipped about that. I have been trying to get an original 661 IPL, but have yet to find one. I presume that Stihl will not be like GM USA and actually change the part numbers on the parts that they change on the 661. Who knows these days though.

Looks like bobs been busy doing a few mods to his Great Wall
18b2155d376af5274c6a4685ec19332d_zps2ba645b2.jpg

Latest posts

Back