The Brute-log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseldriver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have one that was my grandfathers.It's a 3 point hitch,pto driven splitter.I believe it was made in VT.Anybody have any info on these?It was new in the "80's,and not used since the late "80's!Thanks

Any info on them here? Made by East Hill Equipment Corp. in VT. All I can find is a short blurb on the Built Rite site that the owner sold the company in the 90's....

I read these before. Thanks for posting!
I'm looking more for photos, specs, models they made, tonnage, etc...

I have one as well. I have the Model 103 with auto cycle and the 4 way wedge. Still works as good as the day my uncle bought it new. I have the original owners manual and price list along with a color brochure that shows all their products. I can scan them and post them if you'd like to see them.

Rick

I have one as well. I have the Model 103 with auto cycle and the 4 way wedge. Still works as good as the day my uncle bought it new. I have the original owners manual and price list along with a color brochure that shows all their products. I can scan them and post them if you'd like to see them.

Rick

The power of the interntet.

He's been waiting since 08-07-2008, 09:01 PM for you to come along SuperRick.... But now that you're here, good on ya....

Last edited:
If you need more info call Built Rite in Ludlow. You can tell from the brochures posted that it is the same guys. Their shop is still in the same place. I have dealt with these guys for parts for my processor. Decent people to deal with.

Well finally I know what I have, I got the Model 106. Thanks again, surprisingly I couldn't find any valuable info on the internet till this on it. I owe you beer:msp_thumbup:

I'm guessing these were from the early 80's. I didn't see any dates on any of them, but I remember using this monster for the first time. My uncle was quite proud of the fact that there's a big yellow decal on the side of the cylinder that says "One Man Operation Only". That will offend someone today.

East Hills Manufacturing was sold and became Timbrwolf. A tw-2 is basically a model 102, tw-6 is much like a model 106, etc.
Then the original owner of EHM started Built-Rite.

I have one that was my grandfathers.It's a 3 point hitch,pto driven splitter.I believe it was made in VT.Anybody have any info on these?It was new in the "80's,and not used since the late "80's!Thanks
I have the sails brochure and flyer for this splitter. image.jpg

Back