The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of excavators in general...

The heat or AC does not work on mine, largely because the fan switch is seized and wont turn on, and probably more issues with the fuse box.

I've glanced at it a few times, but can't figure out how to get the dash thing apart to get at it, its behind the seat... and I really don't want to get into removing the seat as yet anyway... though it needs replaced, largely its an all day project and I just haven't had time or need to mess with it.

As for the fuse block thing (buss?) half the fuses don't work because the connections are so corroded they don't make connection anymore, it also should be replaced, and is right next to the fan and heat controls. Parts for this type of stuff have been difficult to locate though. Most everything works for now, engine works, throttle controls all work (fly by wire) lights (that aren't tore off) all work, just wipers and heat/AC don't currently function.

I've tested one before nothing like a widow Maker coming flying from God knows where always good to keep as a shop ornament after they've had a hit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ran into an aging local gyppo at the fuel stop today, got to yackin of course, turns out dude hasn't worked in well over a year, lost most of his equipment, lost his license, well everything...

Drugs are bad m kay...

He seemed more or less with it today, and he's a genuinely nice dude so i wish him the best. But it serves as a reminder of how bad this whole self employment thing can go when it goes bad.

Speaking of excavators in general...

The heat or AC does not work on mine, largely because the fan switch is seized and wont turn on, and probably more issues with the fuse box.

I've glanced at it a few times, but can't figure out how to get the dash thing apart to get at it, its behind the seat... and I really don't want to get into removing the seat as yet anyway... though it needs replaced, largely its an all day project and I just haven't had time or need to mess with it.

As for the fuse block thing (buss?) half the fuses don't work because the connections are so corroded they don't make connection anymore, it also should be replaced, and is right next to the fan and heat controls. Parts for this type of stuff have been difficult to locate though. Most everything works for now, engine works, throttle controls all work (fly by wire) lights (that aren't tore off) all work, just wipers and heat/AC don't currently function.

FLINT John Deere, who is the Hitachi Dealer also, (same machine), has most everything for our 100 of the same era.

FLINT John Deere, who is the Hitachi Dealer also, (same machine), has most everything for our 100 of the same era.
Do you guys have the big Dear John (joke) dealers like we do out here? Just out of curiosity?

Yeah... Pape...
they wan't lots of money for their stuff, and they seem to have an issue with looking **** up.

So I generally get the part number online or from them, then go to NAPA and pay 1/3 what the dealer wants.

Yeah... Pape...
they wan't lots of money for their stuff, and they seem to have an issue with looking **** up.

So I generally get the part number online or from them, then go to NAPA and pay 1/3 what the dealer wants.
I have the same issue but guess what Deere is discontinued stuff that's 10+ years old anymore it sucks

Do you guys have the big Dear John (joke) dealers like we do out here? Just out of curiosity?

http://cf.flintequipco.com

04b5681623293d7465fbc79f4825967d.jpg

CAT & DEERE both have a Parts Depot in ATL so they are better than some places.

I have the same issue but guess what Deere is discontinued stuff that's 10+ years old anymore it sucks

Our 100EX is a 1995 model: there are parts on the shelf in ATL for that machine that I would have bet were NLA, 1 Being the “Bag Motor” that operates the Fuel shut Off.

Call Flint for that machine.

For Kobobo,
Call Cowin.
1 (800) 239-2694

https://cowin.com/manufacturer/kobelco-excavators/

I put new front windshield rollers on our late 1990’s 200 last year: they were on the shelf.

Our 100EX is a 1995 model: there are parts on the shelf in ATL for that machine that I would have bet were NLA, 1 Being the “Bag Motor” that operates the Fuel shut Off.

Call Flint for that machine.

For Kobobo,
Call Cowin.
1 (800) 239-2694

https://cowin.com/manufacturer/kobelco-excavators/

I put new front windshield rollers on our late 1990’s 200 last year: they were on the shelf.

That "bag" motor quit on mine about a month after I bought it. couldn't figure out the issue, hired a mech-a-nic even, he had it dialed in like 10 minutes.

disconnected the linkage, hooked up a wire to kill if needed, starts and stops with the key, so I'm a happy guy

At the time they wanted like $600 for this goofy little motor, and keep in mind I had just paid cash for the excavator... at a time I wasn't entirely sure it would work out...

They say that mine is a "grey" market machine so parts are difficult to source, but if I can get the part # I can always find parts, its just a matter of talking loud enough to the parts people. Really though, its the same machine as a deere 490E and there really isn't much difference from the ex120-2 to the ex120-5, the zx's get a little different but not enough to worry about.

That "bag" motor quit on mine about a month after I bought it. couldn't figure out the issue, hired a mech-a-nic even, he had it dialed in like 10 minutes.

disconnected the linkage, hooked up a wire to kill if needed, starts and stops with the key, so I'm a happy guy

At the time they wanted like $600 for this goofy little motor, and keep in mind I had just paid cash for the excavator... at a time I wasn't entirely sure it would work out...

They say that mine is a "grey" market machine so parts are difficult to source, but if I can get the part # I can always find parts, its just a matter of talking loud enough to the parts people. Really though, its the same machine as a deere 490E and there really isn't much difference from the ex120-2 to the ex120-5, the zx's get a little different but not enough to worry about.

One of the parts guys told us ours was a Grey Market Machine a few years ago, but Flint said it’s not.

Back