Towing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had not considered that. New to scales. Rolled up slow over the break in scale sections for the steer and drive axle. Then have to get out to press the call button. So none of the weights include me, and I've left the gain at 5.5 for this trailer. Have not used the RV trailer which is lighter, 4,200, but the gain set heavier, which is probably an indication of brake condition.
Sounds like there's no issue there, I was thinking more like if you had been rushed through. I can't think of other forces besides the wind that was already mentioned.

You're being much more methodical than most and I applaud you for trying to make it the best it can be.

Does anyone have experience or preference for any specific weight distribution system?
I would upgrade the RV one as well, get extra trailer mounts, and use the same unit for the RV and heavier loads delivering.

I absolutely love my Blue Ox system.

I have a set of trailer brackets I’m not using if you decide to go that route.

I also have a Weigh Safe insert if you want to use it to work out tongue weights for different loading configurations.

Back