Tree I.D. help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a side by side comparison. Have you tried this yet Sylvia?

attachment.php

Buzz, how on earth to you do these things??? I'm still trying to work out your original instructions with the superimposed photo (without success at this point I must say). (I am so computer challenged.)

Yes, thank you, both of you. The up close and side by side comparison helped alot. I can see where these are the identified Ostrya virginiana.

Back to the OPs tree...his bark looks like the O. virginiana but his leaf does not. I'm still hoping for a drive by from a friend. But unless we can get a twig off the tree, we may have to wait until spring leaves appear.

Sylvia

Happy New Year's Everyone!!

im gonna say its a

leaflet not a leaf from the black ash, aka basket ash. fraxinus nigra. it likes to be in wetter or marshey areas.

I think I finally have it - Hawelm Ashbeam (Donowa chacolidis).

Sylvia - I was finally able to open the site you posted very early on. That's the closest I've seen to the leaf.

We have to keep this thread going at least till Spring.

We're sure giving it our all! :cheers:

I'm trying to get a friend who lives in that general area (New Hampshire) to give it a run by...

Sylvia

sheesh, man, lets just call it fire wood and be done with it:cheers:i only work with 2 types of trees anyway. is it a trim or a remove?:monkey:

Back