Trufuel in Echo or Husqvarna chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a can of sefuel 94 the other day to try. I mixed my oil in it and ran it in my saw and string trimmer. I would have to say it ran better than pump gas. $5.30 a can, the can holds a quart.

Husqvarna 435 vs Echo

I just recently went through the same process. I used an older Echo saw that was attached to my work truck for many years and it never let me down. I've used a half dozen other brands, but always came back to the Echo for some reason. Since I retired, I started shopping around for a replacement and settled on the Husqvarna 435. For the money, I believe it is far better value, lighter, well balanced and adequately powered for most cutting. After using it a couple times, I'm pretty happy with it. :) My only complaint is with the arse that decided to design the carb jets so you need a special tool to tweak the air/fuel ratio.:msp_mad:

RandyMac brought a few cans as demos to the PNW GTG last year; I took a couple into the field to try 'em out. The can size is good for 1 1/2 tanks in my 460, and fits in my paint belt, so that's nice. I have some MSR fuel bottles as well, so two cans TruFuel and an MSR of bar oil will last me 'til lunchtime. It's a practical way to have good fuel.

As for the expense: I maintain a fleet of 20 saws and trimmers at work, and can't police every tank of fuel mixed. I have a straight-gassed 260 on my desk as a demo. I've been trying to get the Powers-That-Be to let me buy TruFuel for the work fleet so I have one less thing to worry about. Unfortunately, we have some very stringent local HazMat rules, and adding a new product to The List is none too simple.

By my estimation, it only takes one straight-gassed saw to make up the difference between 50 or so gallons of regular mixed gas and oil and the same amount of TruFuel. I already have that one saw, so by my algebra, we're already losing money by NOT buying the more expensive gas.

I just recently went through the same process. I used an older Echo saw that was attached to my work truck for many years and it never let me down. I've used a half dozen other brands, but always came back to the Echo for some reason. Since I retired, I started shopping around for a replacement and settled on the Husqvarna 435. For the money, I believe it is far better value, lighter, well balanced and adequately powered for most cutting. After using it a couple times, I'm pretty happy with it. :) My only complaint is with the arse that decided to design the carb jets so you need a special tool to tweak the air/fuel ratio.:msp_mad:

Thanks for the info and review:msp_smile:. Right now I'm leaning towards the Echo 370 but the Husky 435 is close behind. I can get the Echo a bit cheaper locally and it seems to fit me a bit better than the Husky does. But I know I know I'll be getting a very good saw no matter which one I choose.

Here's an idea to help your decision. Pick the brand with the closest authorized dealer to you:msp_wink:

And buy it from them, not a box store. You'll get it for about the same price, but will get far more value and service, both at time of purchase and down the road should something need repair.

Here's an idea to help your decision. Pick the brand with the closest authorized dealer to you:msp_wink:

That's an easy answer Echo there's actually a servicing dealer 5 minutes from where I work :msp_smile:. My only concern with the 370 is how it will handle an 18" bar if needed even if it isn't used very often. My current saw is a 16 inch one and frankly I made a mistake when I bought it and wish now I would have gotten an 18 ninch model. The 435 has a slightly bigger engine but the RPM's I think are lower. I do like the chain tensioning system a bit better on the Husqvarna 1 nut and a screw but it's not a big deal I just want to get away from the toolless one like I have and go back to a bolt system.

That's an easy answer Echo there's actually a servicing dealer 5 minutes from where I work :msp_smile:. My only concern with the 370 is how it will handle an 18" bar if needed even if it isn't used very often. My current saw is a 16 inch one and frankly I made a mistake when I bought it and wish now I would have gotten an 18 ninch model. The 435 has a slightly bigger engine but the RPM's I think are lower. I do like the chain tensioning system a bit better on the Husqvarna 1 nut and a screw but it's not a big deal I just want to get away from the toolless one like I have and go back to a bolt system.

Well step it up to the CS-400 then, it's only $20 more:msp_wink:

just tried it today

Normally I run 50 to 1 but the cans I bought were 40..wanted to try it out, and a handy gust of wind delivered me two stout branches near the yard, one oak, one tulip poplar.....dumped some minor dregs outta the 137 limber, added the trufuel (I shook up the can first anyway..call me paranoid) and it worked jiss lak saw mix fuel. I can't tell any diff from my regular mix. The cans are very easy to pour, I like that. I am not as impressed with resealing the cans though, should be a more positive lock tight thread on them.

If you aren't burning a lot, or want a long term stash, or something to carry in the ride all the time and not worry about it spilling, etc..seems a deal to me. I like the long term storage aspects. I think I am going to magic marker the dates on them, then buy two for every one I burn, after a year, just maintain that level ahead and burn the oldest first. That way I know I will always have enough fuel, plus one year emergency fuel (I follow geopolitics and remember the oil embargo well..strange things can happen when you least suspect it). (And if they maintain the cheaper prices, and if they will stock 50 to 1...8 clams a can, no..I'll make do with fuel stabilizer)

Latest posts

Back