Walbro HD199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got one hda 199a that I’ve done Scott’s “fix “ on an it runs excellent idle and high speed holds a tune like no body’s business but still has a dead spot when you go go crack the throttle , it Boggs for a noticeable amount of time before accelerating . Almost exactly like the notorious el44 an el46 bogg that the 562 are good for! I can momentarily readjust the low a tad richer to eliminate this lean bogg but it’s only to return after 3-4 throttle blipps until you compensate too much an then you end up with a saw that is to rich an loads up on low end. This has to be that acc plunger momentarily sticking am I correct in thinking this!???? I emailed walbro Luis is currently on vacation so I forewarned the email to next in command, I’m curious to solve this carbs problem - it’s more of a mental / personal thing at this point beings I have so much time invested. I can not believe with all the hda models that used acc pump circuits there is no kit available! I’m one of the few from the Millennial generation that believes in still fixing what can be fixed! I was always tough from my old man who is a machinest you repair it until You can no longer order the parts- then you bring the parts you need to me an we will make them ! **** today’s throw away yuppie mentality . I can’t believe that plunger is sticking but all fingers point to that being my culprit! Who else here has an open mind like myself an has some input on this topic. As I previously stated other then the lean bogg on acceleration the saw runs and holds a tune beautiful

I'd agree with your assessment that the accelerator pump plunger could be the problem, though it doesn't seem to be a recurring issue with these carbs like it is with the Zama C1Q's on the 200T's. 'Course the 200T's get blipped a thousand times a day, too. The pump piston galls the body which damages the 'o' ring. Hell, pull it out and see what you've got. Could just be debris if you're lucky. Otherwise, here's a used one at a reasonable price since Walbro doesn't seem to sell a pump kit for the 199 even though the assembly is shown on the IPL as you're obviously already aware. You could at least compare pumps to see if yours is the reason for the dead spot in your carb. That said, maybe Walbro does have a secret kit and you get lucky there. By all means let us know if you do!

https://store.chainsawr.com/products/husqvarna-359-chainsaw-walbro-hda-199a-carburetor

That’s what I believe I’m going to try is pop the brass cover plug an throttle shaft an pull the plunger , I can’t believe that with the quad ring set up walbro used that the plunger could have galled the bore . Like the zama do

Back