Walbro WA Carb Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting the carb on this 020AV right. It's a Walbro WA. The kit I have is for both the WA and WT series of carbs, kit # K10-WAT I believe. My question is on the small plate on the needle side of the carb. Does both a diaphragm and a gasket go under the plate? And if so, in what order? Also, how's the needle lever height set on these? Thanks.

Gasket then the diaphram.I hold a staright edge against the body to set needle arm height.

Brad which model WA is the carb? The metering lever on those is usually set flush with the top of that plate. (circuit plate)

Brad u need one of those walbro gauges part# 500-13

Not all WA series carbs use the gasket and diaphragm.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble getting the carb on this 020AV right. It's a Walbro WA. The kit I have is for both the WA and WT series of carbs, kit # K10-WAT I believe. My question is on the small plate on the needle side of the carb. Does both a diaphragm and a gasket go under the plate? And if so, in what order? Also, how's the needle lever height set on these? Thanks.

I just rebuilt one over the weekend ended up not using half the parts in the kit. I cheated and used the same gasket under the needle side plate. I don't think a diaphram goes in there.
As for the lever height mine seemed to line up nicely within the recessed area (not the top of the carb).

Cover, Diaphragm, Diaphragm gasket, to body of carb. In that order.

Metering lever height is set level with circuit plate, not outside edge of carb. The circuit plate is the section on either side of metering lever.

Their right, flush with the recessed metering tank.I've always set them flush with the body with no problems.Learn something new everyday.

If you need the manual on that saw send me a PM with your email.

Here's the carb body.

721933652_JYjUv-M.jpg

Here are the gaskets, diaphragm, and plate.

721933679_4YJQ5-M.jpg

I'm suspecting there's more than one setup on these. Perhaps one uses the diaphragm and one gasket, and the other uses the other gasket alone with no diaphragm. I'm not sure how mine was, lol:(

Back together and now it won't even idle, then starts racing and seems to run out of fuel.

BTW, before this last reassembly, I realized that there are two diaphragms on the pump side. I now have them installed as per the IPL.

Obviously, I still don't have something right:(

Brad use this link,

http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/product2.asp?Series=WA&partnum=WA-1-1

I get this from the walbro site this is for a WA-1-1, if you look at the parts decription on the side and there is no part# listed then the carb does'nt use the item in the IPL. However in the kits the parts are not itemized by part#'s Another good reason not to toss anything out.

Last edited:
I found the diaphragm in the trash. So it's going back together with the diaphragm and gasket #1. Also, your link above shows the diaphragm. The diaphragm goes against the plate, and the gasket against the carb body.

Last edited:
Yeah the picture shows the diaphragm #30 in the list but you'll notice no part# next to it, which should mean it does'nt use the diaphragm. However that IPL is for a WA-1-1 now where yours is a WA-1-G maybe that's the difference.?

Anyhow I hope you got her figured out.

Last edited:
Before you tear it down again, make sure the H and L screws got moved back to roughly 1 turn out CCW. You probably did, but I know I have, on occasion, forgot to do that and wanted to blame it on the rebuild.

Never mind.....I've got to learn to type faster.:laugh:

Last edited:
Back