ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Walk behind tractor model 292....

Discussion in 'Farming and Gardening Forum' started by Diy mechanic mike, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Diy mechanic mike

Diy mechanic mike ArboristSite Operative

Hello i came across a deal on this chunk of iron in my area and couldnt pass it up. It didnt have an engine on it but everything was there but the engine which i plan to put a brand new 5hp honda engine on it.(like the mobile hand truck air compressors have). Anyway i was wondering if i could get any manuals for it and maybe some paperwork on the different implements for them as well. I ended up getting 9 different attachments, a spare set of rims, and wheel weights. And the machine has rims and a different style of wheel weight mounted to it. I was planning to make something like this with an old tiller but seen this and couldnt resist opening the wallet. But it will get lots of use once i put a motor on it. But ill post some pics to hopefully help identify it better.

2. Diy mechanic mike

Here is a decent photo of the machine.

Attached Files:

johninky likes this.
  3. Diy mechanic mike

Here is a photo of the tag on the side.

Attached Files:

4. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

Montgomery Wards or Sears-- oem Gravely- Gilson - Simplicity, all 3 supplied MW. Had a 8hp one from Simplicity early 60's, made a sulky for it and pulled a 5 gang reel mower set up with it behind the sulky, plow & tiller made a set of chains for the winter plowing. Mine had a h/l range and I can't remeber the # of forward gears x 2 for h/l box. I slipped one day backing up while plowing snow -got pinned to a 6' snow bank took awhile before I managed to dis-engage he belt tension lever my arms were pined inside the handle bars. heavy clothes made getting my knee up high enough to knock the lever difficult. Likely looked very comical although I wasn't amused.

grizz55chev likes this.
  5. milkman

milkman Addicted to ArboristSite

Ky. between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank.
    Good candidate for a 6hp Predator engine, $99.

6. Huskybill

Huskybill Addicted to ArboristSite

Looks like an old Planet Jr.