• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Wet crotch

nice feller

nice feller

Quick question for you ladies and gentlemen here at arboristsite. As a proficient Carpenter I am not so Savvy with tree care so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. A customer of mine made it a little tree trimming done while I was already there working on his basement I decided to go ahead and do it. Now he pointed out that the crotch section of one of his trees was holding water and mentioned filling it with concrete to avoid further rot. My question is is that a thing people do I've never heard of it. I'd like to know what somebody who kind of knows what they're doing with trees recommends in this situation the customer doesn't want the crotch to hold water after rainfall. Thank you guys very much

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do nothing.
Cavities should not be filled.
Cavities should not be drained.
Decay fungi will not live under water.

The old time arborists used to fill cavities, and it’s not done anymore for a variety of reasons.

Good on you for asking, and welcome to the site!

NIP Group