whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya the trunk was straight and in good shape. But, the homeowner wanted it for firewood.

BTW that's not me in the picture incase anybody was wondering. Gotta get myself a nice selfie like you treeclimber lol
d70d6faea545ecc72cf0e2d048baf053.jpg

Spent a day in this big bi otch! There's another day in it. It's been spike pruned and lions tail in the past. A big section broke out of the middle of it a number of years ago that's why it looks like it was topped
f92f07d132518e640e1671f542301511.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, once I seen it, I grabbed a pick and started pulling wadding out of it, then chased it around the back and it kept going....... and going and going. Each inch I gained, I was getting more pissed, those fckers did that knowing someone was going to use it. Putting a different boom on it is not out of the question. Gotta call on it yesterday, going to call them later today to see what can be done and how much. Like I said, would rather drop the thing off, jump in a new one and just move one. Hard lesson learned, didnt follow my own advice.
I know you said a crack but didnt think it was that bad! That would of sent me over the edge! I think if it was me he would come up missing and not found! I cant believe he sells that ****!

God when I thought I'd seen all the big poplars I get a call for another nasty monster , dunno about this one though it's not at all unhealthy it's just big with fences and planting and a whole hell a lot roping . Guy didn't flinch when I threw the number at him almost wish he woulda told me I was crazy though ......

It's used for making trim and molding I guess. Not too sure since once they're on the ground I get paid and go home :laugh:

She is doing alot better. Thanks for asking. Operation did some nerve damage so we are dealing with that. FACT: OBAMACARE SUCKS.
Good to hear shes doing well Scott and hopefully the nerve issues get better...no comment on Obamacare we'll have to take it to the political forum:laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what im doing tonight. View attachment 379917

Here is what I was just doing...sitting on the patio in just a long sleeve shirt. I went to the weather channel and just typed in a few cities to see what the forecast was. Jesus...how do you people live up there...who would want to live up there. We would freeze to death from culture shock. And here I was thinking of moving further south.

Here is what I was just doing...sitting on the patio in just a long sleeve shirt. I went to the weather channel and just typed in a few cities to see what the forecast was. Jesus...how do you people live up there...who would want to live up there. We would freeze to death from culture shock. And here I was thinking of moving further south.

I love San Diego,, north county of course.
Jeff

Temps hung right around freezing today. Cleaned up a fallen willow and then removed two rotten cherries. Trimmed up a mulberry and finished the day off loading two cord of firewood. Sun was shining all day. In Jeff's words " it was a beautiful day"

Is it worth anything ?
The mill will buy it from you. It all depends on how clear the grain is. If you have a poplar that doesn't have mineral staining and it is around 48" diameter butt log, you may just have a vermeer log and they are big $. That big poplar that ben helped me take down last year, I took the logs to the mill and I got over $500 for 3 8'-6" 42" diameter poplar logs.

Latest posts

Back