whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tracks on my lift actually surprisingly awesome in the snow. I think it’s because there’s so much weight on relatively concentrated (normally turf destroying) tracks. Of course it all depends on what kind of snow/ice etc. I never ran a track machine, but have heard the tracks are like skis in the snow. I can see how they would be.
once the snow is packed as a result of driving over it, it turns to ice and the tracks don't grab. Driving your track lift in the snow would be similar to walking in it the first time, pretty good traction until you walk many times on the same path and then it gets slippery. Tires with chains or studs is the way to go if plowing with a skidsteer.

Yeah, that’s what we ran into with the wet, super packable snow on this job. I was set up on the humped up mound on the other side of that pool sled in the pick (where you see the sawdust and track marks behind) taking down a big ass red oak. That packable snow is sick for traction, but limited passes and turns to ice for sure.

I was thinking that if I had chains for even the front of my Giant it would be unstoppable in the snow. Of course I don’t think the customer would’ve approved of it gyrating on his super mint driveway feeding the chipper, lol.

Would love to play 'bog the machines in snow' for a while.

Nothing but endless southern sun & dust for us, more concerned about machines catching fire. Schedule jobs around temperature & how much or how little shade we can catch.

The 'burning orb of doom' is what I refer to the sun at this time of year.

Not really tree related except for that I tied a few of these together today for a couple of my guys (who I am pretty tight with) and some friends. Anyone want to take a stab at what it means?

Attachments

• candle.jpg
    candle.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 40
Just picked up one sweet tree job for winter! Pretty much half a month of work ($ wise anyway). I don’t think it’ll take us near that long with the equipment, but whatever. A key winter score I would consider this one. Not bad for a Saturday’s effort (in between napping by the fire, lol).

Just picked up one sweet tree job for winter! Pretty much half a month of work ($ wise anyway). I don’t think it’ll take us near that long with the equipment, but whatever. A key winter score I would consider this one. Not bad for a Saturday’s effort (in between napping by the fire, lol).
Municipal job?

Municipal job?

Just a good sized residential job. Well, two next door to each other actually. Sisters that dad set up on the family land. I’ve already worked for one of them and looked at some of the work for the other last year. They were hoping for a “sister-sister” discount, since I wouldn’t have to move my equipment. Lol.

Just a good sized residential job. Well, two next door to each other actually. Sisters that dad set up on the family land. I’ve already worked for one of them and looked at some of the work for the other last year. They were hoping for a “sister-sister” discount, since I wouldn’t have to move my equipment. Lol.

If it’s a two week job we expect two weeks worth of self-serving clamor pics of your new equipment.

Sounds huge for a residential job. A lot of ash removals I assume?

Back