whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We worked in the rain all day Saturday with my buddy’s crane clearing back a driveway for a new easement. Smoked this large red oak in a couple hours to start the day, then a bunch of smaller trees that were one or two picks. Log on the left was 7k lbs, log on the right was like 5500k lbs.

And a funny meme I saw recently.

Attachments

• B18856A0-0469-4FF0-BB4B-785C970B3EC9.jpeg
    B18856A0-0469-4FF0-BB4B-785C970B3EC9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 79671343-2D69-4904-BE0A-163BC2EE04C6.jpeg
    79671343-2D69-4904-BE0A-163BC2EE04C6.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 32
I’ve got a big old white oak tree coming up Monday on that crane job we’re on. My older trailer for the tractor (under cdl) needs a deck and my newer cam 7 split deck tilt will eventually be needing a deck. Tree is huge and straight as an arrow and knot free. Should be a sweet score. Just gotta figure out where to bring it, etc. Nice little side benefit of the job.

I’ve got a big old white oak tree coming up Monday on that crane job we’re on. My older trailer for the tractor (under cdl) needs a deck and my newer cam 7 split deck tilt will eventually be needing a deck. Tree is huge and straight as an arrow and knot free. Should be a sweet score. Just gotta figure out where to bring it, etc. Nice little side benefit of the job.
What do you think the white oak is worth ?

What do you think the white oak is worth ?

That’s a good question. I really have no idea. The whole lumber thing is a mystery to me. I’m guessing anywhere from $800 to a couple grand, but that’s just a guess. Maybe more, maybe less. Should be some sweet trailer decking on the cheap anyway. Lol

That’s a good question. I really have no idea. The whole lumber thing is a mystery to me. I’m guessing anywhere from $800 to a couple grand, but that’s just a guess. Maybe more, maybe less. Should be some sweet trailer decking on the cheap anyway. Lol

After paying to kill it, mill it, dry it, and then sell it who knows. It’s a lot of work.

You've got one now, right Mike? They’re an amazing tool when used properly. Just takes time to get through the learning curve, but well worth it. If something happened to mine tomorrow, I’d have to pony up and buy a new one.
Yup! We don't use it as much as we should. There are a lot of days when we think "Man, I wish we remembered the GRCS!"

Back