What happened to Sherrill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience today has ended my buying from Sherrill. Ordered a lanyard and other climbing gear 10 days ago. Heard nothing. Tried to call this morning and keep getting disconnected. Finally got through to learn that part of my order had shipped (though they could not give me tracking number) and the lanyard I really needed to keep working has not shipped because they couldn't find it. I asked them to replace with similar item. We went through several that would be acceptable, but they couldn't find any of them to ship. I canceled that order and ordered somewhere else. Had to pay an extra $50 for fast ship so we would not have to stop work. They are really screwed up at every level from what I can tell. I will continue to look elsewhere for gear from now on.

Exactly. I even threw their catalog away yesterday. Got my new wesspur catalog in.

I like getting the sherrill catalog to look at while on the throne. Gets me ready to place my order with treestuff. Me being in Cinci and treestuff in Indianapolis, its the only logical place to order from. Also a few price checks between the large companies will generally lead you to trestuff anyways.

It seems though the days of Treestuff.com great service has reached its demise. I have consistently ordered from Treestuff.com and always gotten great service and quick shipments. But now since the sell out and combining efforts with Sherrill, it has been a disaster for me.
Back on 9/26/2017 I placed an order for a couple of things. I ordered 20' of line with an eye splice and a triple action rope clip. In the notes I advised I desired I wanted the rope clip spliced onto the rope. Not a big issue. Its a replacement for a laynard. In the past this would have been a simple issue. I also ordered some new shirts for the crew and myself and a set of leg straps for my handsaw.
A couple days late I get three of the five shirts I ordered and the leg strap. No rope or rope clip spliced to it. I called Treestuff. Since combining with Sherrill they stopped splicing iin Indy. WTF! So I had to wait for the rope to come from North Carolina.
A few days go by and the package comes. It contained 20 feet of rope with an eye splice. No rope clip attached, and no rope clip in package at all. I call Treestuff again twice. First I talked to Courtney and she was very apologetic and said she would have it done right and shipped overnight.
A couple more days go by and nothing.
I called back, apparently when Courtney sent through the order (or failed to, no idea) it was not acted on in the other location. She place the order again and explicitly explained the need for the rope clip to be spliced on the rope. That order was on 10/6/2017.
Now on 10/11/2017 I get a package. THEY F^&KED IT UP AGAIN!!! Sent twenty feet of rope with an eye splice but no rope clip attached and no rope clip in the package. It was 4:55pm central time. Too late to call Treestuff. All gone for the day. I did send Courtney am email expressing my frustration.
Guess I get to wait until the morning to call then again and tell them that the warehouse failed a second time. And I am still waiting on the other two shirts. No idea when I will get them. I have loved Treestuff in the past as they are in Indiana, like myself, and the service and delivery has always been quick. But after this last episode I am going back to Wesspur. I used them when I first got into this and will now go back to them. It may take a week to get the order but at least I will get what I order.

I am totally sold on Wesspur. Way better pricing and better customer service. Sherrill is pretty much dead to me.....except they have x-rigging stuff...

I like Wesspur as well as I like TS or Midwest Arborist Supply. But it takes a week for stuff to get from there to here. Not their fault they ship it up quick it's just a long way for UPS to get it here.

Back