what happened?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIspecial

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what happen @ firewood.com? It was a good message board. I haven't checked in a few weeks and now its full of junk! Just wondering
:confused:

Sorry, I never thought it was that great. Unless you want to know that a cord is 128 cf, and that you should burn dry wood.

MIspecial said:
Anyone know what happen @ firewood.com? It was a good message board. I haven't checked in a few weeks and now its full of junk! Just wondering

Apparently no one there is keeping the board clean.We will keep the junk off for you here. Stay a while enjoy the pictures.:popcorn:

The only one i know is a hoot and active is ********** and has a forum and our arboristsite.com

Is there an Outdoor Wood stove forum????? Other then me and spike "b*tching" at each other.

OWB forums

Hmmm, there is a Central Boiler forum on Yahoo that is moderated due to sex posts and spam. But there is little posted there these days. There is the Mother Earth News Forum, which is about like this forum. There is a lot of pro-OWB stuff posted there, but there is also a lot of anti-OWB stuff there posted by a few usually uninformed people that I quit posting to it. Like here, there are the inside stove people and the anti-OWB-smoke people, and the ever ranting about OWB efficiency people. And the, "I was burned buying this stove or that boiler,' people posting horror stories that somehow means that all OWBs are bad. Then there are the many, "my outdoor wood boiler is better than your wood boiler," posts. There is also a lot of spam posted over there... :chainsaw:

I find it interesting that there are the same issues and politics regardless of the forum and intention. The anti-OWB political forum seems to be rather broad and verbal. :buttkick:

DDM said:
So you might as well just stay here and enjoy the site. :)

Yah, I guess so. There is a far more prefessional feel to this site than Mother Earth News. MEN seemingly is targeted to suburbians that want to move to the country and want to press their ideals into rural situations. As I actually grow trees here on 105 acres; planting/propogating, thinning and harvesting, this is a better site with experienced 'real chainsaw' owners that know how to toss them around. This site is by far more spam-free as well. And the smilies are a lot better here. :laugh: :D :rock: :( :pumpkin2: :jester: :angry:

MIspecial said:

Some a.h. named Captain Rick directed all of the junk and spam to it and ruined it. It was a good place to find what you were looking for. I bought and sold wood from it. However, it doesn't have ways to block the junk as this place does and it seems that the webmaster either doesn't know how to protect it or just doesn't give a rip.

Back