What homelite saw piston matches the remington pl5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Winslade

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
As above.

I'm rebuilding a Remington Powerlite PL5 and when i got it, it had a scored piston. I've managed to salvage the cylinder head but piston is beyond repair.

I was told homelite xl12 parts bolt up but of course the xl12 is a smaller cc saw. So using other stuff like oil lines etc instead.

So now im left with the dilemma of trying to source another piston.

As its easier to obtain homelite parts in New Zealand. What homelite from that era had a 48.5mm bore so i can hopefully match a piston up.

Cheers

As above.

I'm rebuilding a Remington Powerlite PL5 and when i got it, it had a scored piston. I've managed to salvage the cylinder head but piston is beyond repair.

I was told homelite xl12 parts bolt up but of course the xl12 is a smaller cc saw. So using other stuff like oil lines etc instead.

So now im left with the dilemma of trying to source another piston.

As its easier to obtain homelite parts in New Zealand. What homelite from that era had a 48.5mm bore so i can hopefully match a piston up.

Cheers
It's the same as a Wards PowrKaft 4.0 cubic inch and the John Deere saw that size(not sure of that one though)...they were just rebadged Remies....

Latest posts

Back