What's On Your Bench 7-24-14 ??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10500377_322165031272800_8029763313909607810_n.jpg

This saw was never used. It sat at my friends house since it was new. My understanding was that his friend bought it and was never able to get it to run. ( L screw was all the way in when I got it. ) I pulled the carb and it was simply spotless inside. Dumped the fuel from last year, a few drops down the carb and it starts and runs great. I have no idea when it was made but after wiping off the dust it looked like it was brand spanking new.

10500377_322165031272800_8029763313909607810_n.jpg

This saw was never used. It sat at my friends house since it was new. My understanding was that his friend bought it and was never able to get it to run. ( L screw was all the way in when I got it. ) I pulled the carb and it was simply spotless inside. Dumped the fuel from last year, a few drops down the carb and it starts and runs great. I have no idea when it was made but after wiping off the dust it looked like it was brand spanking new.
That's Very Nice man! I have the same saw but Poulan, well my brother has it and I'm going to get it. Ours if from around 1990.

That's Very Nice man! I have the same saw but Poulan, well my brother has it and I'm going to get it. Ours if from around 1990.

I think it was 10 years ago when I first saw it under his work bench and just assumed it was a runner but it was not. The bar does not have a mark on it. Once I had it running I brought it back to him and he just assumed that I had thrown in the towel. Once it started up he was just grinning like the cat that ate the canary. His son has a MS211 and he is using it from time to time now he can use his own saw. One of his hobbies is bee keeping so AFTER I gave it back to him I had the thought to have put some black electrical tape like stripes on it for a joke.

A evil gas leaking 020av, every time I think I got it whipped something else goes wrong. It almost met the sledge a couple of times so far

mavusa4u.jpg

Just got this 372 ex pee was susposed to be runnin at 160 psi but she's a bit more worn than the guy led me to belive. Checked it with a know to be acurate gauge n it olny makes 125-130psi. Witch is a bit low for this saw I belive. Piston and cylinder look ok. Any body got a recomndtion for good rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavusa4u.jpg

Just got this 372 ex pee was susposed to be runnin at 160 psi but she's a bit more worn than the guy led me to belive. Checked it with a know to be acurate gauge n it olny makes 125-130psi. Witch is a bit low for this saw I belive. Piston and cylinder look ok. Any body got a recomndtion for good rings?

130 on a stock 372xp isn't unheard of.

The last one I had didn't blow over 140 and it was a pretty nice specimen.

20140420_200021.jpg

Hmm I would of thought that they all were up over 150 . It seems to run good and had good power the comp just seemd low to me

Added a little something today. I still have to attach it somehow but that should be easy enough with some small clamps or perhaps just some springs.

DSC05495.JPG

There is actually a resonance cone and stinger hiding inside that larger pipe with the louvers, and a cap to close it up if I choose.

DSC05501.JPG

Hopefully I will get a chance to put it in some wood and see how it goes.

Mark

I have a CR125 motor on my bench at the moment. It's a 100 over and ported.... right now it it's still a bike motor but the plan in to build another bike saw this winter. I am starting to collect parts.

My MS390 "Magnum" is my project currently. Its currently tore all the way down and waiting for new seals, since I ordered the cheese ball paper seals by accident. I'd post a pic, but its just a ton of parts on a table. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back