• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

What's on your bench

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Not on the bench because I need the room, but the only thing I have right now is a Shindaiwa brushcutter. Died suddenly in the cut.
I have diagnosed a bad carburetor and I am presently waiting for a TK rebuild kit (and a backup cheap Chinese TK clone ;)), so the brushcutter is parked in the boiler room, well out of the way.
It also has a cracked exhaust shield, a typical issue on these brushcutters, and that will be really funny to patch up, even funnier than the damn TK carburetor, which says it all. :rolleyes:

Sam R

Sam R

8mm Socket
I used to have an 041 that looked pretty similar to that 051 but probably smaller. Right now I have a 455 Rancher with some carb or fuel system issue, runs flat out to about 3/4 throttle then bogs down past that.

Colt Marlington

Colt Marlington

ArboristSite Guru
An oily mess of a Poulan 3400. Got cleaned up a bit and running, and the idle adjusted. But about pulled my shoulder out of the socket pulling that cord so many times. And no chain brake.

Reminded me why I bought a brand new Echo CS490 a couple of weeks ago. Starts easy, runs great, doesn't leak, and about three pounds lighter.

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
On my bench, actually on the floor is a Stihl FS85 trimmer and a TS420 concrete saw. I'm not crazy about working on concrete saws but decided to try it, then the owner of the first one brought me 2 more to rebuild. The FS85 just needed a new carb to replace the non-adjustable one...

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Funny this thread came up. I almost started a new one yesterday. Maybe we can get it going.

Duce one thing that has me thinking about enlarging the opening under the stock deflector is does the restriction now move to the deflector outlet itself? How much volume can flow out of there even if the opening before it is opened up? Yes it will for sure flow a little more than stock but is it enough?

I'm working on another 372. I convinced the customer to let me convert from XT to OE. Might as well since the 50mm top ends can be had for $110.
59270336048__24A6B8F4-56DF-48A5-BB31-6CD823051600.JPG 59270422192__48A2A4BE-F7AF-439A-AE17-EBCB4BBFEBEF.JPG IMG_0059.jpg IMG_0066.jpg IMG_0067.jpg