wheelbarrow vs 4 wheel cart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are things Bill?
Moved into new house, still don't have everything moved, it rains everyday. House has small fireplace. Debating putting in a stove insert or just converting to gas logs. As much as I dislike a OWB, I will probably have one in the near future.. Still plan on building a house on the wifes property at some point. To many things going on to even think of getting started.

Old pic, but I needed to spread 11 yards of mulch for my MIL. I had/have a green JD tow behind plastic dump trailer, but the hills around my MIL's House kept getting me stuck. So, I had the bright idea of putting my TSC dump wagon on my walk behind mower. We had all 11 yards spread and the dive way swept up clean in just about 5 hours.
S903rMG.jpg

We do have one of the larger 4 wheeled carts from Menards.

2640027inuse.jpg

I also use a 5x10 utility trailer for pulling behind the tractor around the yard. But I am looking for a small, affordable running gear to use instead.

I have one just like this one and it's great for small light weight stuff but when I started tossing in firewood splits it quickly got bent up and started falling apart. It is also harder to pull it then push a wheelbarrow. I still prefer a one wheel wheelbarrow over the 2 wheel type.
Home depot sells a flat free wheelbarrow with steel handles and they work great and hold up very well. I have 4 of them and I use them all almost everyday.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/True-Te...Handles-and-Flat-Free-Tire-C6ORUT14/202057391

I built this multi purpose use trailer. Works great for me. I installed flashing running lights since I take it off the property along the road. I put folding brackets on one side for tools. I carry my extension pole saw on those brackets. The box also tilts. It is light weight where I can roll it by hand for short distance hauls. But mostly I use it with my Honda ATV. 4’x6’ so not too large.

D4F94A02-6F29-4EFC-B2A2-7CFB72DF0A9A.jpeg6C9CE122-27E7-4B51-B256-AF01B2D15123.jpeg

Haven't used one that deluxe but they work pretty well. Any type of dip can cause a rollover though as the center of gravity is high.
I'm on my third one. The engineering on the undercarrieage steering left something to be desired. Steering link hole broke ouit (1/2" hole in a 3/4" x 1/8" bar) entire front end collapsed. Another is the wheels, hub tube breaks off, very flimsy design/welding. I've replaced 5 of them so far. No, I have never even come close to the supposed 1,400 load rating.

We had an old wheel barrow I mixed concrete in. The tub was junk so I pulled it off and put a flat deck on it, like a brickies wheel barrow. We bring firewood in from the shed to the garage with it, so I added an 18" pipe clamps pointed upright to the handles at the back edge of the platform. We can really pile the splits on for a full days burn. The one with a tub is for chunks and odd ball stuff to burn. It's two wheels are much harder to push in snow.1015101253.jpg1006101219.jpg

I use wheelbarrows, as I have a 2x12 to get up to house level from the yard., usually trash pick them with a broken handle or flat tire, but they are easy to fix!!!!

Latest posts

Back