Why I love a 50cc saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More 50cc work. Oak and Elm load this morning. All cut w/the 2152. 5105 came along because I don't go out with only one saw. Great limb size firewooders.
2a182278c1c5cf0704d5754e8642595a.jpg
e983c65b36d3fc9ca2079fba9ba49ef1.jpg
78dddb34dba0ef3f8b3256ad98b6106f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Technology......would this be my phone turning the pics or a tapatalk thing? Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Its a smart phone, it knows best. My Doro phone for old people with real buttons on it have no such ambitions, just like me :rolleyes:
If you load them on to your PC/laptop and use the Windows image/picture viewer and you tilt the pictures there, it may be saved with a tag so that they appear like you want to.

I have an o26 Stihl which I want to rebuild someday.Always liked that saw for it's handling and power for it's size. In the meantime I'm running a 250 for the smaller stuff and a 362 for the bigger pieces.Maybe should have bought a 441 but I haven't run into anything I need to saw the 362 couldn't handle.I can always borrow a friend's 461 if need be.

Speaking of small displacement saws, who makes the smallest, lightest, most well made pro saw out there besides an arborist saw that could be used commercially for cutting and limbing 5”+ poplar?
I’m thinking in the 32cc range.

Speaking of small displacement saws, who makes the smallest, lightest, most well made pro saw out there besides an arborist saw that could be used commercially for cutting and limbing 5”+ poplar?
I’m thinking in the 32cc range.

If you could get your hands on a ms241, that would be a great option.

Do they still make them? And was wondering about the quality of an Echo of similar size.

It would appear they aren't being sold in the USA anymore. I'm not sure if they're still available elsewhere. I'm afraid I haven't used any Echo saws, but there's plenty of folks on here who swear by then.

If you could get your hands on a ms241, that would be a great option.
I also think there’s a place in the chainsaw market for a good quality small displacement saw with heated handles as trees become smaller and more women getting involved with forestry and silva cultural practices moving into the forefront.

Me personally, I never worried about a saws weight, if I like it I buy it and I use it!
Very true, however every saw has its application. I’d be using an 088 if I had the wood.
If I’m gonna pack around a saw for 6 hrs cutting glorified saplings I was want the fastest, lightest saw I can get my hands on.

A rear handle version of a top handle can be amazing for small diameter wood. I have a MS201 & its super light, fast & balanced. Run it for a while then a pick up a 50cc saw & it feels like a heavy lead weight. Echo are good in this area, don't buy a ms150c...I did & they are an expensive turd. I'd seriously look at the 355 reach handle version 36cc or the super light 2511 rear handle.

Back