• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade WTT: Nice, clean Husky 262XP for....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy Tom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up a really clean, original 262XP from an AS member several years ago and can't make myself let it roll around in the back of the truck while making firewood. I picked up a 562 to fill the 60cc spot so rather than let it sit for several more years I figure I would move it to somebody who would get more out of it. Can come included with a really clean Oregon bar (69DL) and a really good loop of chain.

The saw is stock except for a muffler mod. It is loud and strong, starts easily and has great compression. always stored dry. As 60cc saws go this thing is a BEAST! Looking to trade for a saw in the 75cc range that takes husky bars such as: 372XPW, 2172, 576XP (AT), Dolmar 7900....you get the idea. Full wrap handles preferred. Not interested in modified saws, just a clean, stock user. Let me know what ya got and maybe we can reach an accord. PM me an email and I can send pics.

Tom

I can't see anything that indicates it's not OEM. Not sure if Husky still does this but it is marked A right in front of the plug hole. Forgot to add that I replaced the decomp valve with a plug. Never use them on a saw this small anyway. Also, no broken fins. Let me know if you need more info.

Tom

Without significant disassembly I won't be able to see the portion of the cylinder that would be marked Mahle. If it's of any use there is a V marked on the right side (facing from the intake to the exhaust) of the jug in the exact same place as that marked on my OEM Mahle 395 jug that's sitting on the bench.

A solution: sell the 562xp and keep the better 60cc saw- the 262xp. Thank me later. Ive had a ported 562xpw (with the hesitation), 2 ported 359s, and 5 ported 262xps. Still have the 262xp from Clint.

A solution: sell the 562xp and keep the better 60cc saw- the 262xp. Thank me later. Ive had a ported 562xpw (with the hesitation), 2 ported 359s, and 5 ported 262xps. Still have the 262xp from Clint.
Hey, Steven. :hi:

I ran my ported 562 yesterday (also has a hesitation off idle), and didn't find it all that impressive... I like my 262xp and 357xp better. Luckily, I also brought along the 2188! That saw is a beast.

Back