Young one seeking advice...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run stihl ms 260 and 270 in the tree for a mid range but the ms200t does most of the work then the ms440 for the bigger stuff.

As for trailers I bought a 12' single axle a few years after starting out and it now serves as a ranger and trailer crew for jobs not worth bringing the chipper to. Its low and easy to load and off load we didnt put sides because to unload it we just roll everything off but honestly I think a dump trailer would serve you better and for longer I borrow one from another arborist when I really need one. Your dump trailer will grow with your business and help grow it, definitely a good asset. Start saving for a chipper!

Encourage word of mouth, dont offer anything just mention that you would really appreciate referrals to help grow your business. Remember good work speaks for itself be maticulate, make perfect cuts and do a good clean up, cleaner then when you got there. It costs you more to go back after getting an angry call.

Well if I spend some money I would rather drop it on a saw right now. I have use of a relatives trailer and that is working extremely well. So I am looking to invest a nice chunk of change in a saw. I feel if I just go part way I will be itching and wishing I had more power or ability of a bigger bar if ever needed. I still wanna stay light but need guts. So to answer your question, I have money to spend.

TreeFrogTC: I definitely agree with leaving it cleaner than when I got there. I had one HO come up to me and started giving me grief because his wife was going to expect the yard to always be that neat. He was giving me a hard time all in good fun but it dedinately made an impression with them. At this present time all of my jobs have been strictly by customer referral. And the jobs I have coming up are the same also. And I've already got a piggy bank that's holding my chipper funds. Haha!

Back