Good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those things :laugh: at gravity; as busy as you are it oughta pay for itself in a year or two. After a hurricane, in a week or two. :blob2:

Ya Butch, I will let ya use it when I come over to meet ya and shake hands at some point this summer.

Guy, I bet it earns its money back this year. Got it for 1530 total (with shipping), not much to earn back at 50 a man hour saved.

You were the only guy bidding on it, probaly the only one who would know how to use it. Just curious, could you have gotten it cheaper or was that the reserve on it.

Congrats on your new toy, take good care of it and it will last a long time. I kind of envy you guys that are just starting out, I wish tools like this were around when I was starting out, would have made the work soooo much easier and safer back during the stone age :laugh:

Larry

Last edited:
There was no reserve on the item, 1495 was the min bid. I have emailed Doug, who may be lurking this sight now, and he runs this site: http://www.gearmerchant.com/.

Seems like a nice guy, he said from his notes the only action my GRCS has seen is from 1 TCIA Expo, no field duty.

I just ordered a "bit" of new gear from Sherrill today. Stuff I have been putting off, and some items are things that I need, but could get by with. Productivity should be at an all time high when this small (yeah right, 3k bucks) order comes in. Its a chunk of change and no doubt the partners will fret to some degree with the GRCS being purchased last night, but I figure its the biz I am in and the gear will make an awesome return, always has. I buy gear based on practicality, function and logic, price rarely factors in if it meets the items above.

Cant beat gear, if I am in this for the long haul I need to spend money now to preserve my body later and make more money, for a longer more usful life without my body falling apart on me.

Hence the logic, practicality and function of the mini loader I plan to buy next year.:) Sure its expensive, but we can work faster with less people, lkeeping more money in the company while expanding our services and making more money per hour with a minimal increase in overhead. It keeps the profit margins high, which continues/grows the company.

Slight tangent/rant, but my father will be reading this come this weekend, just letting him know I put thought into the purchase today:).

I have checked Ebay for a GRCS several times and never found one. Gave up that search on Ebay and one pops up! Good for you though, I would have probably thrown in a max. bid of $2200.

Hey Lumberjack,

I just gotta say again, and hopefully your pop does read this! You got your head screwed on right.. You have a very wise business outlook, make very well, thought out, and educated decisions. Stick with it, and you will make a great living for yourself and your family.

Keep up the good work,

Great tool for the right job.
I used mine on a couple of leaners growing over a buddy of mine's roof. Just him and his son on the ground.... Saved a lot of hours in the tree, especially helpful with inexperienced crew that day. Set a block in adjacent tree, tip tie the leads and crank them over one at a time, mostly cut from the ground.
You're gonna have fun.

Mike Maas said:
Sell it to him Carl, that's the easiest $800 you'll ever make.
That will be the easiest $700 not $800. Offer is good, want to sell it to me for $2200 before you use it, consider it sold.

Mine is under 50 in serial number. I used it yesterday (sorry koa, I have waited too long:)).

When I opened the package the GRCS looked like it was brand new, very nice condition. I used it yesterday on a pine, it was quite literally amazing. We didnt do any heroics, just tip ties and lift, and butt ties, loading the line to make the limb swing this way or that, sorry I dont have any pics, I worked till 9 last night, drew up a crowd of around twenty people, they were a little shocked when the top fell outta the tree :confused: :)

rbtree,
I contacted those guys and never got a reply. I'll try them again, but that price says good till Oct. 2004.

Yo Butch!

I saw that too, koa, but since the ad just ran again in the latest TT issue, I thought it might be worth a try...

Here's some pics from a recent $5k fir removal (51 inch dbh, 120 footer). We had to zip the brush and most of the wood over a nice out building.....had 6-1 mech advantage on the spectra core no stretch speed line..and GRCS for control/lowering line. Gave up lowering the last 50 feet, and dropped the wood into a tiny drop zone..easier than rigging that heavy stuff. Story will follow when I find the time...

Latest posts

Back