A dozen virgins

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK boys, I've got the story of the day here.

Was on the road today and stopped to visit another dealer whose shop I had never seen before. He has a collection of Huskys that he has amassed over the years as different models are discontinued. When he is down to the last one, it goes in the glass case. (sealed, so no dust gets in)

So, notable, brand new, never been run saws he has:

242XP
254XP
261 (the last 262XP was sold by mistake)
266XP
268XP
272XP
288lite

The entire 362/365/372 family is next.

Nope, they are not for sale at any price. (In case you're wondering, the 242XP gets the most requests, followed by the 272XP)

Pretty cool collection, huh?

OK boys, I've got the story of the day here.

Was on the road today and stopped to visit another dealer whose shop I had never seen before. He has a collection of Huskys that he has amassed over the years as different models are discontinued. When he is down to the last one, it goes in the glass case. (sealed, so no dust gets in)

So, notable, brand new, never been run saws he has:

242XP
254XP
261 (the last 262XP was sold by mistake)
266XP
268XP
272XP
288lite

The entire 362/365/372 family is next.

Nope, they are not for sale at any price. (In case you're wondering, the 242XP gets the most requests, followed by the 272XP)

Pretty cool collection, huh?
Yes, but the 262xp mistake degrades the collection quite a bit.......:greenchainsaw:

reminds me of kearney yamaha in kearney nebraska they have almost every brand and make of trike atc threewheeler ever made hondas yamahas kawisaki and suzuki they all look brand new and they hang them on the wall it is awesome especially if you rode one back in the good old days hmmm i remember bigreds cost about 6-700 new when i was a kid now a quad can cost you 10000

as much as people desire to collect items, i just don't believe in owning anything that you do not and won't use. To me keeping a saw in a case is just as bad as having a car that's a trailer queen. I refuse to ever own any car that I won't at least go out and drive it on a weekend every now and then, and nor would I sell a car to anyone who I knew would trailer queen it around either. No offense to anyone who disagrees but I just don't believe anything was built not to be used. From my perspective the same thing goes for saws, and other equipment.

as much as people desire to collect items, i just don't believe in owning anything that you do not and won't use. To me keeping a saw in a case is just as bad as having a car that's a trailer queen. I refuse to ever own any car that I won't at least go out and drive it on a weekend every now and then, and nor would I sell a car to anyone who I knew would trailer queen it around either. No offense to anyone who disagrees but I just don't believe anything was built not to be used. From my perspective the same thing goes for saws, and other equipment.

I respect the sentiment, but usin yer logic, there would be no museums!
Think of it this way, hundreds of years from now, there will be lazer loggers cutting cloned hardplanks who marvel at that arcane collection... potentially.
:monkey:

Kearney Yamaha

I found it interresting that the ATV collection at Kearney Yamaha got mentioned. More interresting that the member who mentioned it is from Canada....Kearney Yamaha is about 50 miles from my house!!....neat to see the three wheelers hanging up too. It truely is a small world.

Reminds me of the wannabe bikers that trailer their Harleys to every meet they go to, put 5 miles on it at the meet and then back on the trailer it goes for the ride home. :ices_rofl:

Ian

Reminds me of the wannabe bikers that trailer their Harleys to every meet they go to, put 5 miles on it at the meet and then back on the trailer it goes for the ride home. :ices_rofl:

Ian

I have a tee shirt for when I ride my Harley. It says "Silly Yuppie, trailers are for boats." I did see a corvette that had the original factory paper covering the carpets. The only miles on the odometer was from rolling it off the assembly line. According to the guy who owned it, it was never started after leaving the factory. It was 10 years old at the time I looked it. I thought that was kind of strange. Then again, it never gives him any mechanical problems. http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif
:laugh:

Having something, like those saws, and not using it, is like being married to a Playboy Playmate, and not sleeping with her.
Scott

Well, let me tell ya. When I was in Japan, I was seeing this absolutely Beeeuitiful Japanese girl for a month or so. The old saying is true. No matter how good a woman looks, someone, somewhere, is sick and tired of putting up with her sh!t. :laugh: :laugh:

Ian

That sounds cool Spike. Even a Stihl guy like me wants to see that collection. If my memory serves(and it very well may not) the 242xp was the first Husky I laid eyes on and used extensively. Back during the late '80s they were making their way on to some of the tree companies I worked with to replace 028s going outta production. There was usually a mix of 026s & 242s, some were not convinced the 026 was the second coming of the 028 because of the 024 disappointment. 242 was a really nice saw as I remember. At the time it seemed like a real screamer compared to what I was used to. Unless I've got my Husky #s all screwed up and my memory is as thin as my hair........:chainsaw:

Well, let me tell ya. When I was in Japan, I was seeing this absolutely Beeeuitiful Japanese girl for a month or so. The old saying is true. No matter how good a woman looks, someone, somewhere, is sick and tired of putting up with her sh!t. :laugh: :laugh:

Ian

Now ain't that the truth....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back