Husqvarna , The Whole Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How 'bout ol' Lars...how's he doing on the International Space Station?

Oh yeah...I forgot...Sweden's not part of that either.

Okay...I'll bite...other than saws and cell phones, whatdya got Peter?

(And don't say 'cars,' cause we Americans own those companies.)

To mention some:

- Gripen, the world's best fighter aircraft.
- Bofors, one of the main weapon suppliers to your military.
- Astra Zeneca, medical.
- Volvo Trucks, Penta, Construction Equipment, Buses.
- Saab. (Not cars) Weapons, Aircrafts, Underwater systems etc etc.
- Scania. One of the biggest truck manufacturers in the World. Volvo is btw. number 2 after Mercedes. Figure Volvo and Scania are both Swedish. For your info. The old "American culture influenced" Mack trucks with 4ft gear selector and total lack of electronics is owned by Volvo Trucks.
- Heavy construction equipment: Atlas Copco.
- Power generation: ABB.
- Furniture: IKEA
- Clothing: H&M
- Telecom: ########
- Ship building: Kockums (Prolly the best conventional submarines in the world too). Stealth destroyers etc.
- Forestry: Chainsaws: Husky, J-red, Harvesters and forwarders: Rottne, Sawmills: Söderhamn Eriksson, Logosol bla bla bla...

My fingers now hurts from all this typing...

-

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Bingo. Bout time. Yes the Stihl thread is about Andreas Stihl, not chainsaws. To be 100% fair lets talk about who, who is the man that started the chainsaw assembly plant in the 300 year old town of Husqvarna???

His name was Erik Dahlberg, and he built the factory on behalf of king Karl XI. The below photo shows the letter where he as of the 27:th of April 1689 authorizes the construction of the factory.

attachment.php

The first building was the low one with the cross shaped window to the right in this picture. To the left of it you can also see the "Husqvarnaån" coming down from the hills, providing the factory with power. Oh, and I can see mom and my oldest daughter on the white bench to the right, should have a wife and another daughter somewhere there too...

attachment.php

- Gripen, the world's best fighter aircraft.

My fingers now hurts from all this typing...

-

Rest 'em. One Swedish idiot, Peter, does not make for a whole country of them, and if I implied otherwise, I apologize.

I was merely pointing out what most will agree on...America's contribution to the world engineering community is without peer. That does not, however, mean Sweden's contribution is neglible...far from it. :cheers:

I WILL, however, take you to task for the bit about the Gripen!! NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE BEST!!! :D

Rep on the way.

Edit: Rep on the way once I hit enough people to hit you again.

Last edited:
Rest 'em. One Swedish idiot, Peter, does not make for a whole country of them, and if I implied otherwise, I apologize.

I was merely pointing out what most will agree on...America's contribution to the world engineering community is without peer. That does not, however, mean Sweden's contribution is neglible...far from it. :cheers:

I WILL, however, take you to task for the bit about the Gripen!! NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE BEST!!! :D

Rep on the way.

Edit: Rep on the way once I hit enough people to hit you again.

While Woodie is, or at least was a Husky guy, he sure bleeds Red, White and Blue. I've got to commend him for that in a big way! Hats off to you partner, we may disagree on some things but I got your back, always! (Not that you need it at the moment!)That's what makes us great, except for our jet aircraft of course! LOL

While Woodie is, or at least was a Husky guy, he sure bleeds Red, White and Blue. I've got to commend him for that in a big way! Hats off to you partner, we may disagree on some things but I got your back, always! (Not that you need it at the moment!)That's what makes us great, except for our jet aircraft of course! LOL

Careful BB...if Tommy catches you saying anything nice whatsoever about me on his thread, he'll be on you like chips on a Stihl filter! :ices_rofl:

Careful BB...if Tommy catches you saying anything nice whatsoever about me on his thread, he'll be on you like chips on a Stihl filter! :ices_rofl:

I'm not worried about Tom, your still a Husky guy. Now, if I tried to convert you, I'm sure I'd have something to worry about.:taped:

And if ol' Tommy thinks this here thread is gonna throw us off the scent...

HAH!!! I crack myself up sometimes! "...Tommy thinks..."! BRAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Some scents can never be masked...

Ever smelled a wet dog???

I see what ole tom is trying to do.
Seems he's making up rules to some sort of game.
I don't care about games.
It would be nice to hear about the Husqvarna Company from people that have been there.
maybe some of our Swedish friends can enlighten us

His name was Erik Dahlberg, and he built the factory on behalf of king Karl XI. The below photo shows the letter where he as of the 27:th of April 1689 authorizes the construction of the factory.

attachment.php

The first building was the low one with the cross shaped window to the right in this picture. To the left of it you can also see the "Husqvarnaån" coming down from the hills, providing the factory with power. Oh, and I can see mom and my oldest daughter on the white bench to the right, should have a wife and another daughter somewhere there too...

attachment.php

Thank you McCall. That is outstanding.
Do you have more info we learn on.

Same goes for Stihl. Americans have a very deep rooted culture and the fine art of engineering is not a very big part of it .... which is why Stihl sells more saws than Husky in the US ;) It also explains the high sales of the MS290...

Well maybe you can tell us more about the fine people of Husqvarna Co.
Who are and have been engineering there products.
good hearing from you.

Stick around Tom is about to say nice things about Husqvarnas
After all why else would he start a thread like this. ;)

That's pretty sad.
A Stihl guy starts a thread about it's founders history, which is all about saws
then starts one up so the Husky people can learn a little history about their product and all they want to talk about are motorcycles.:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

That's pretty sad.
A Stihl guy starts a thread about it's founders history, which is all about saws
then starts one up so the Husky people can learn a little history about their product and all they want to talk about are motorcycles.:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

well where would you like to start at the beginning with Firearms or in the present where Husqvarna Co. Produces more saws world wide the Stihl.

well where would you like to start at the beginning with Firearms or in the present where Husqvarna Co. Produces more saws world wide the Stihl.

Manny, I do think that it is cool about the firearms. But the fact is that as Husqvarna they do not produce or sell as many saws as Stihl and you know this. If it was true it would be marketed as such.

That's pretty sad.

Big timber man from texas coming through. And where talking about a company thats been around for 300 years. Thank about it.

Latest posts

Back