Thinking of conveting my old school 031av to electronic ignition.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackyl

Reaction score
I would appreciate a good information packet on the proper conversion of my old 031 av from conventional ignition to a electronic or modern system...I've read a few posts but not a proper step by step instruction...I need to at least toy with the idea before I put it into motion...Thanks

Just seems the thing to do???

I have basically been under the impression that the newer electronic ignition systems are a bit better but then maybe I have been reading way to much in the posts about the whole issue...Give me your take on conventional ignition -vs- electronic systems...Thanks

I converted one of mine, and then went back to points. The points give a much better spark at low (starting) RPM.

:agree2: Thats what is so good about points,when working properly. If your saw is running fine,sparkwise,dont mess with it. Usually the condenser goes bad. It is mounted in close to the engine and heat and vibes kill them,depending on conditions. When Stihl switched to electronic they had issues too. So lots of 031 and 032 have spark problems but not the same. If you have an issue get in touch with me and Ill hook you up with the simple sloution.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back