older saw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My father has an old (early 1980's) I think Dayton chain saw with 4.5 cubic inches with a 20" bar. I believe it is a Poulan 245sa in disguise. What do you guys know about this saw, any good? I never used it, but he claims it has lots of power...what do you guys think?...how does it compare to my new saws...357xp, 575xp and 7900 in terms of power?...

My father has an old (early 1980's) I think Dayton chain saw with 4.5 cubic inches with a 20" bar. I believe it is a Poulan 245sa in disguise. What do you guys know about this saw, any good? I never used it, but he claims it has lots of power...what do you guys think?...how does it compare to my new saws...357xp, 575xp and 7900 in terms of power?...

take a look at the attached file and see if it matches the saw ?

thanks
calvin

Lawnmowertech, thanks that looks like it! So, how good were are are those saws? The one he has says Dayton on it, but I think it's the Poulan..what kind of power in terms of a modern saw would this compare to? Is this saw any good?

Latest posts

Back