OK Husky NUTS here's little big man...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikocker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My dealer was finally able to get my new 435 in yesterday and I couldn't wait to try it out. I've been in the market for a new small "trail saw" and thought the new 435 might just fit the bill. I was most impressed with the spec weight of 9.3 lbs but like most everyone I was aware of Husky's rep for not building the best small saws.
Well I'm here to tell you that that can finally be put to rest. No more comparisons to POULAN with this baby in the line up. This little sucker flat out cuts!! I'm not that up to speed on the new X-torq engines, but this thing is STRONG, and smooth. I tried it out on some tops and a smaller 12" maple that I dropped a couple of weekends ago . . . I believe this thing will outcut my venerable old 55 at least in wood this size.
All I can say if you have a chance to demo one at a dealer GO FOR IT. If not just go buy one you won't be disappointed.

Al :clap: :clap:

Size is about like NE346XP but lighter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Some more details of the 435. . .

Muffler with sliding screen and metal bucking spike.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top cover off - Air filter, cylinder etc.

attachment.php

And three more.

attachment.php

Bottom - Spring AV and metal replaceable chain catcher.

attachment.php

Cut up about a face cord from the tops and the maple and ran about a tank and a half through her so far. I'm gonna like this. . . GREAT SAW!!!

attachment.php

Yeah.

After all it is a "landowner saw". Best part is there's no Lowes sticker on it!
I waited three weeks for my dealer to order it in - all the while there were about a dozen at my local Lowes. Picked it up yesterday - - dealer had it fueled, oiled, and test ran. Picked up two loops of 20LP 66 at the same time.
Al :cheers:

Last edited:
All in the one red lever.

Did they change their setup a-gain? :dizzy:
-br

Actually I like the way it works . . . pull out and up to choke wait for the one pop, push down and pull again and she fires. Shut off by pushing down and the switch then returns to the on "run" position - so when you go to restart it you dont forget to turn the switch on. . . saves flooding it!

Al

Actually I can. It does seem quite a bit lighter. And the 346 is already a fairly light saw.

Last edited:
Neat looking new saw!:clap: A feller at work has one, it came from blowes though.:cry: I told him to bring it in and let me sharpen the chain, I'll take it home and give it a run against my 211.:chainsaw:

Nice looking saw! Can I ask how much the little bugger set you back?

I was looking for a smaller saw to use on the farm, but it doesn't come in red and black (yet, hopefully it will). The 2238 is the same as the 240, but I want the better built one that you have.

Keep us updated! :cheers:

Those things really do run pretty good. The first time I tried one, I was in the "OK, let's see how the new el' cheapo runs" mindset, not expecting much. Then it was "Hey, you gotta try this little thing". It is way better than the 235/240, and not really much more money. The 200's always feel like they haven't finished putting it together yet. Very loose feeling.

There has been some conflicting printed info from Husky regarding the differences between the 435/440. The catelog says one thing, the website says another, and the dealer manual says something else. As it has been explained to me just this week, both saws use the same 41cc cylinder. I should confirm that by checking the IPL's, but I haven't doen it yet. The power ratings are slightly different, but unless the carbs have different part numbers, that would not make sense. The primary, and most obvious difference is that the 440 is an "E" model, with the spring assist starter and the tooless chain adjuster. So for me, the 435 is the way to go.

Al, how did you make out with the clutch for the 261?

Yeah that cc thing is confusing.

When I look at the 435 in the FACTORY cartons at Lowes the boxes CLEARLY and in large print says 37cc. Yet my new owners' manual that covers the 435, 440, and 445, says that it's 40.X cc's. as does the Husky website. Spike if you could clear that up that would be great.

The feeling I get running this little guy is almost like having a smaller 346 in hand. Quick acceleration, smooth, excellent balance, and good power in the cut. If you don't force the saw it handles 8-10" maple easily. I used just minor pressure on the dog, and kept the revs up, and it cut beautifully.

As for the 261 clutch, thanks for the good service getting it to me. Installed it on Thursday without a hitch, and the saw runs super. Thanks again Spike.

Last edited:
Dealer gave me a deal.

Nice looking saw! Can I ask how much the little bugger set you back?

I was looking for a smaller saw to use on the farm, but it doesn't come in red and black (yet, hopefully it will). The 2238 is the same as the 240, but I want the better built one that you have.

Keep us updated! :cheers:

Not much room to play with on the pricing of a small saw, however my dealer up north where I own our land beat the box store price by $10. I paid him $240 + tax. Plus he special ordered it for me! He handles Husky, Stihl, AND Dolmar brands and has a great selection of all brands in stock. The smallest Husky he had before ordering mine was the 445 and 338XP.

Good new is, as we on AS know, like a great dealer does - he fueled it, and test ran it, and had it dialed in when I picked it up. Plus I was able to pick up a couple of loops of 20LP 66DL while I was there - - Can't buy that at Lowes either! Oh by the way, he also threw in a new Husky hat!

Al :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back